cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

myssi2

Hello to all

I have set my quit date for September 24 and am both a little nervous and very excited. My nervousness is different from most people's in that I am nervous of yet another failure. I know what it will be like as I have been through this several times in the last 5 years, so many, in fact, that I have lost count.

This time I am taking steps that I have never taken before and I am claiming this as my FINAL quit.

I look forward to getting to know you all along this journey.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
dani2

Hello Myssi! My quit date started at Sept 26. Then it was decided we'd (as in me and someone I know) quit today actually haha! Don't feel like a failure. We all have to get up and try again every now and again. I feel you on continually trying. It was to the point that I just said screw it, I can't quit. Then I was told of this site and low and behold, little over half a day and I haven't turning into a crazed person Hah!

Are you planning on using anything to help? Or just doing cold turkey? I'll be rootin for ya Myssi 😄
0 Kudos
jim23

Hi Myssi, I am quiting again myself. I'm not sure how many times I quit and start but I must keep trying as do you. I never tried this EX thing, but I think it will sure help to get more ideas how to quit and stay quit. Best wishes to you.
Jim
0 Kudos
myssi2

Hi Dani! Nice to 'meet' you! I was even to a point where I had a smoking cessation counselor said to me "I can't believe I am going to say this, but have you ever thought "to heck with it" and just keep smoking?" My answer was a quick "No. I will never quit quitting until it sticks."

I am taking wellbutrin and plan to use the patch.
0 Kudos
myssi2

Hi Jim! Nice to 'meet' you! Have you already quit or are you preparing? If preparing, have you set a date yet? I agree about the Ex plan and even if the plan isn't for some, just keeping your page updated should keep a person busy enough not to think about smoking! LOL

Best wishes to you to.
Myssi
0 Kudos
myssi2

Hi Denise! Great to 'meet' you!

I will definitely root for you! I know we can do this and we can do it together!
0 Kudos
Ida

Hi Myssi,

Welcome I quit on September 6 have not had a one, This site has helped a lot because you never feel like you are going on this trip a lone. I wish you the best. I believe you will make it happen. I keep telling myself smoking is not an option it seems to be working and I try to do something if I get a urge. Good luck we are all here for you.

Ida
0 Kudos
myssi2

Hi there Ida! And thank you for the welcome! Congratulations on your quit! You are doing great! I won't be too far behind you, and I am getting more and more excited. Have a wonderful smokefree day!
0 Kudos