cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

missy8

Weird question, please read and respond!

Has anyone ever gone out, let's say it's Friday night, and the next day felt like they had smoked even though they hadn't? Saturday was my birthday and I was out with friends celebrating, and when I woke up on Sunday I felt in my chest like I had smoked. Not a lot or anything, but I commented to my friend that I felt like I smoked when I hadn't (you know how some people call it a smoking hangover when you smoke a lot the night before? It was similar but not nearly as strong). This is the second time I have felt that. It has nothing to do with inhaling second hand smoke because Chicago has the smoking ban so everyone smoked outside (in the rain...ha ha). I would just really like somefeedback on what you all think. Thanks guys...discuss!
0 Kudos
7 Replies
jen-x

I wonder if you're going through some kind of phathom thing. You know like when someone loses a limb? Maybe remembering what you felt like when you used to go out. I've had some weird sensations. I also hallucinate smells sometimes. LOL.
I'm interested to see what others have to say.
Peace!
Just breathe..............
0 Kudos
jennie3

Hmmmmm are you laughing alot mabey while you are out partying you are laughing and the ache is from that?
0 Kudos
missy8

Thanks guys, maybe i'll repost on the dr hurt thing. it could be the phantom thing, it could be they are clearing out or something, i have no idea. i just know that it's not nearly as bad as when i did smoke, but it's sort of like a tightness, sort of like a heavy feeling, does that make sense?
0 Kudos
sherry18

For the past couple of days I have been getting up a very small, small amount of flem. It has been 27 days of not smoking for me today and I was told by a bunch of people that they didnt start spiting things up till a couple to 8 months later!! This morning I woke up feeling like I smoked 10 packs of the strongest cig's around.... My throat is killing me and my chest feels like its going to exsplode!! I'm still only getting up a very small amount of flem... I didnt know I was going to feel like this.... That is from a post I just made and then I saw yours/.... I dont know what it is but I dont like it one bit!!
0 Kudos
rj_

You dont say how long you have been free, but I'd take a look at a doctor visit just to make sure, there are lots of medical problems that can be masked by smoking, and unveiled after a quit.

tightness in the chest could be a lot of bad things, just happened after being out.

Best, RJ
0 Kudos
missy8

yah on my page I have a counter, and today is day 25. I was actually in the hospital in march with chest pain, and it was actually a big gastric bubble putting pressure on my heart (I have a digestive disorder). needless to say i had xrays and everything and nothing was discovered, so i am pretty sure it's nothing more serious, but it was just weird. my other thought was maybe it has some connection to alcohol???
0 Kudos
karen42

I felt that way when doing the lung function test at the drs. Also , when trying to do a lot of singing or laughing.
0 Kudos