cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

jennifer7-2

Hello All

This is my first day on this site.  I am at the point that I HAVE to quit smoking.  I'm 53 and was having horrible headaches.  MRI showed hardening of the arteries.  I have not felt well for several weeks and after all the routine medical checks, smoking is the problem.  

My health is interfering with all aspects of my life.  I plan to stop tomorrow, with a true quit date of Monday, Sept. 2nd.  

I've started acupuncture, I will be getting the patch and begin yoga on September 10. Glad I found this board and please feel free to send any and all tips and encouragement.

Thanks, Jennifer

0 Kudos
3 Replies
keithsss

Good luck to you. I am 49 and have chronic bronchitis. I am coughing  , breaking into sweats and still gag down a cigarette. I feel like a character roseanne roseannadanna would say " belonged in new jersey"  ( if you're familiar with old saturday night live shows). I am very tired of it,and am convinced I am going to have emphysema at a premature age if I don't. Again, best of luck to you and you can do this!

0 Kudos
joyeuxencore

We all hang out in blogs.

Click the link and come join us!

http://community.becomeanex.org/mod/blog/everyone.php

0 Kudos

Good Luck to you Jennifer, I will turn 53 this month and I quit 9 days ago.  I see myself as a very strong person but for some reason my nicotine addiction has ruled my life and truly seems to be my biggest weakness.  I am committed to quit this time and stop letting it control me.  It helps to know others struggle as I am.  Sounds like you have a great plan set up for quitting!

0 Kudos