cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Ralph1955

Heartbroken Today

It seems that the last few times I’ve posted here I came with issues. Last night I decided to post here with good news and was about to do just that this morning when my sister called and the world stopped. 

At 5:30 this morning we lost our dad after a few weeks of him failing. I knew on Friday we were going to lose him. Thank God a hospice nurse was there when my mom saw him pass. At 5:15 this morning he woke mom up when he needed to use the bathroom, smiled at her then closed his eyes. 

If life is testing me I wish it would stop. I think I’ve passed with flying colors. I’m thankful that I have this special place to come to; it’s a godsend. Just know that I am ok and thank you for letting me share.

Tags (1)
48 Replies
Beck37

Oh my gosh that is amazing. Your dad was truly with you at that moment. I am so sorry for your loss. Hang in there...

Beck

Giulia

Wow is that a beautiful rainbow.  What a gift!  I'll bet you'll see more signs of him around.  And they will be comforting.

That tree poem reminds me of this:

"Away But Never Gone"
The Wailin’ Jenny’s

The moon’s on its way to its nightly shift
The frogs fill the creek below
The tall grass waves a farewell to the day
The wind moans sweet and low
The heron tucks his head in his wing
The fish in the lake float along
The sun sinks from sight
Away but never gone

The dawn brings the dew like a thousand jewels
A nest rustles high on a bough
A blue egg stays warm in the cool of the morn
Under a red breast of down
The clouds turn and stretch, the moon checks its wrist
gathers itself with a yawn
And winks to the sun
Away but never gone

And all o’er the world as it turns and it turns
the stars twinkle off and on
And we come and go
Away but never gone

Ralph1955

More signs of dad.  My home and my sisters home at the same time last night, our lights were flickering and our tv's went crazy.  Then, a dragonfly followed me while I was walking my dog and yesterday his medical alert went off at the assisted living.  He's not ready to move on yet; wants to make sure we, especially mom, are ok.

Barbscloud

That is so touching.  He'll always live in your heart and memories.  Take care.

Barb   

Beck37

OMG I am literally getting a chill right now. You should feel so incredibly blessed. How lucky are you.....

Beck

Sent from my iPad

SimplySheri

Oh, Ralph, I am so very sorry for your loss.  Of course it is devastating!!  I don't believe we are ever ready to lose our parents no matter the age or the ailments or the time.  God bless you and your family and may He comfort you in your time of need.  You will be in my thoughts and I will say some extra prayers for you to feel supported and loved.

Giulia

Well I didn't know he'd be quite THAT active so soon!  Cool!

elvan

Wow, that's comforting.  Hope your mom can get through this, I am sure she is struggling as you and your sister are as well.  Your father must have been a pretty strong person to produce a really strong spirit.

Sending hugs,

Ellen

minihorses

Ralph, I am so sorry for the loss of your father.  I know you've been going through a lot in your life lately.  I feel your pain on all accounts.  Please be good to yourself at this time and I'm offering up my prayers to you and your loved ones.

aboyd63

Ralph I'm  sorry for the loss of your father.  My condolences  to you and your family.  I'll keep you in my prayers.