cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Ralph1955

Heartbroken Today

It seems that the last few times I’ve posted here I came with issues. Last night I decided to post here with good news and was about to do just that this morning when my sister called and the world stopped. 

At 5:30 this morning we lost our dad after a few weeks of him failing. I knew on Friday we were going to lose him. Thank God a hospice nurse was there when my mom saw him pass. At 5:15 this morning he woke mom up when he needed to use the bathroom, smiled at her then closed his eyes. 

If life is testing me I wish it would stop. I think I’ve passed with flying colors. I’m thankful that I have this special place to come to; it’s a godsend. Just know that I am ok and thank you for letting me share.

Tags (1)
48 Replies
Jennifer-Quit

My sincere condolences Ralph.

0 Kudos

I’m so sorry for your loss.

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Ralph, my deepest sympathy on the loss of your father.  Losing our parents is so difficult.  Know that your sister and you did everything you could to ease his days.  He will always be in your heart.

Image result for condolence message on death of father

Barb

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Oh Ralph1955 I am so sorry...please accept my condolences... prayers out to you and your family right now...may your dad Rest In Peace...God Bless all of you during this time...~ Colleen 282 DOF 

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

I hope you might take comfort from the memories stored in your heart.  He will remain  alive to you there always.  My sympathy, Ralph.

And always keep in mind that there is never a good reason to smoke - there are only excuses.

Nancy

elvan

I am so sorry for your loss, Ralph.  How lovely that your mom could be there with him when he passed.  I know that feeling that the world has stopped when the phone rings with that kind of news.  I will be thinking of you and your family and saying prayers.

Hugs,

Ellen

GyorgyiM

So so sorry.............in my prayers.

Gyorgyi

OxfordComa

I'm so sorry for your loss. I just lost my mom in April and there is nothing easy about it. Be kind to yourself. Lean on your friends and family. The thing that helped me deal with my initial grief most was hearing "the only way past it is through it." You have to feel the sadness to process it and find peace. 

Lots and lots of love to you and your family.