cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Ralph1955

Heartbroken Today

It seems that the last few times I’ve posted here I came with issues. Last night I decided to post here with good news and was about to do just that this morning when my sister called and the world stopped. 

At 5:30 this morning we lost our dad after a few weeks of him failing. I knew on Friday we were going to lose him. Thank God a hospice nurse was there when my mom saw him pass. At 5:15 this morning he woke mom up when he needed to use the bathroom, smiled at her then closed his eyes. 

If life is testing me I wish it would stop. I think I’ve passed with flying colors. I’m thankful that I have this special place to come to; it’s a godsend. Just know that I am ok and thank you for letting me share.

Tags (1)
48 Replies
anewdigger

So sorry for your loss.  You are in my thoughts and prayers. 

constanceclum

Oh Ralph, I am so sorry!!! We are never prepared for the grief we feel when we lose our parents!

Connie

DavesTime

I'm so sorry, Ralph.  I pray that God will surround you and your family with God's presence and peace as you mourn your father's loss.  Guard your quit; I'm sure he was proud of you getting your freedom.  God bless.

Giulia

I'm so sorry, Ralph.  But how lovely to have him make that smile right before he passed.  Caring thoughts coming your way.

BarbieGene

Sorry for your loss.  Praying for you and your family.

Barbara

Christine13

I'm so very sorry for your loss Ralph.  Sending prayers for strength.  My heart goes out to you.

indingrl

Prayers continued

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

He'll always be with you. Thank you for sharing about your Dad's passing. I hope you feel comforted by all his love as you move forward. One day at a time, Ralph--all we have.

annejdav

My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time.

Mandolinrain

Sending you a hug and lifting you in prayer this evening , so sorry. 

0 Kudos