cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Thyme

Had a slip

I had quit for 3.5 months and hardly ever thought about cigarettes or felt like I needed to come to this site anymore. Last night slipped and had 1. I had probably at least 30 minutes of internal battle with myself before it happened. I knew it was a bad idea before I did it but something made me do it. I was around someone smoking in a spot I used to love smoking (summer nights on my back patio). The cigarette tasted disgusting and I can still feel it in my lungs & taste a gross taste in my mouth the next morning. I’m so disappointed in myself. I have tried to quit dozens of times before but this was the longest I’d been smoke free in a long time. I need to set a really firm boundary about not being around people who are smoking. I DO NOT want to start smoking again and I can’t believe I used to smoke 20 of these things a day sometimes. Gross!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Barbscloud

@Thyme Quitting has lots of ups and downs.  Part of that is the original physical withdrawal from nicotine. Then we move on to the psychological part that can take more time as we adjust to life without nicotine.  You can do this.  Keep moving forward.

Barb

0 Kudos