cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

HASFit & Squat Challenge #2

Listen up all you MOVERS and SHAKERS! We are starting Challenge #2 tomorrow, July 11th.  Our first challenge, To the MOVERS and Shakers and Any BODY interested, was a success.  Thanks to Miss Jackie for suggesting it! Now on to the next!  This challenge has two parts. To continue our squats, we will be doing the Dr. Oz 30 Day Squat Challenge in addition to HASFits’ 30 Day Low Impact Beginner Workout. Don’t be shy! All are welcome! Do what you can, modify if you need to.

Part 1: Squats

https://s.doctoroz.com/Squat%20One%20Sheet_Final%20%282%29.pdf 

Part 2: HASFit 

HASfit's FREE 30 Day Low Impact Beginner Workout Program - Beginner Exercise Routine - Beginner Work... 

Week 15 Minute Low Impact Workout10 Minute Low Impact Aerobic WorkoutBeginner Weight TrainingOFF10 Minute Low Impact Cardio Exercises
+
Standing Abs Workout
20 Minute Low Impact CardioOFF
Week 2Beginner Leg WorkoutBeginner Upper Body Workout15 Minute Easy Workout
+
Easy Abs Workout
OFF30 Minute Low Impact Workout30 Minutes of Walking, Biking, or SwimmingOFF
Week 315 Minute Low Impact Workout
+
Standing Abs Workout
Beginner Weight Training10 Minute Low Impact Aerobic Workout
+
10 Minute Low Impact Cardio Exercises
OFF20 Minute Low Impact Cardio30 Minutes of Walking, Biking, or SwimmingOFF
Week 4Beginner Leg Workout
+
Beginner Upper Body Workout
15 Minute Easy Workout15 Minute Low Impact Workout
+
Easy Abdominal Exercises
OFF30 Minutes of Walking, Biking, or Swimming
+
Easy Abs Workout
30 Minute Low Impact WorkoutOFF
Week 520 Minute Low Impact CardioBeginner Weight Training
+
Easy Abdominal Exercises
Continue to the 30 Day Challenge to Get in Shap

177 Replies
elvan

YoungAtHeart‌ Feeling sorry for yourself...???  Just think how those crutches feel.  Love you.  

Giulia

Every OTHER day will turn into EVERY day before the summer is out.  6 lengths is GREAT!  Does your PT not want you to do anything in the pool, or just swimming?  Are you allowed to do other pool exercises?  And don't knock chair exercises.  There's a lot of exercise you can do in a chair (especially if you use weights).  20 Min Chair Exercises Sitting Down Workout - Seated Exercise for Seniors, Elderly, & EVERYONE ELSE ... or 25 Min Chair Exercises Sitting Down Workout - Seated Exercise for Seniors, Limited Mobility, Elderly...   (Just cross out the words "seniors" and "elderly" - I have a problem with those words too!)  Do those at a quicker clip and you feel the burn, believe me.  And yes, chair is better than nothing!  We have to challenge ourselves to NOT become overachievers all the time, but rather, listen to our bodies.  I stopped doing the other squat exercise challenge because once I got up to 65 I thought, "what am I nuts?  I'm bone on bone on my knees, I don't NEED to get up to 100 squats.  That would just be dumb!" in my case.  There are plenty of exercises I CAN do that won't be bad for me.  The idea is to help, not hurt.

Come on, Nancy.  Do that Yoga, or something else (just not too many of that something else!) on the non-pool days.  It will help your MIND.  And then come and shout out what you've done! 

JACKIE1-25-15

You are in my prayers that you have inner peace while recovering.  I know it is hard being the go-getter you are. I  believe that you will make it through and become stronger than you already are. 

JACKIE1-25-15

Day 2 

tjanddj

Day 2 done.

I'll get a little more cardio in tonight dancing the night away.  I am going to a 90's Throwback concert.  Heeheehee

Giulia

Finished day 2.  Amazing how just that little bit gets your heart rate up.  Also found out my knees don't care much for those quick trots (plus being somewhat limited after two achilles surgeries).  But I got 'em done!  I like the workout because it's varied from day to day.  Keeps it interesting and fun.

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

It is basically the same thing we do in our senior's EXercise class.  

0 Kudos
Giulia

Ah!  Well then that must be a fun class!

0 Kudos