cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Never_again

When ot rains ....

I sprained my ankle 2 days before school let out. Able to enjoy summer vacation somewhat. July 11th I left for Florida. I was not feeling right. Took over the counter meds and kept on. Today I found that I have been passing not one but 2 kidney stones. I leave for a trip Thurs until Sunday. They are talking surgically removing them on Monday. I am going to need a small stent as I am leaving again next Thursday for the night    I am not smoking over any of this, but definitely praying that time is in my favor. Hate to be on a trail in the middle of nowhere with the craptastic  pain meds they gave. Say one for me    Have a great smoke free day!

13 Replies
YoungAtHeart

I hate to say this - but out of an abundance of caution, I would warn about going about business as usual on those meds.  Can you postpone one (or both) of these jaunts to take care of you?

I would hate for something ELSE to befall you when you are not quite right.

If you go  - be extra careful!

Nancy

Never_again

I have been this way for a month.  This is why surgery is planned for next week. Definitely cannot cancel next week ...lots of non refundable money. Also, it is me and my daughter. We so look forward to our adventures.  This one is about 5 hours away and we can leave if something happens. I was supposed to drive, but hubby is doing so.  

0 Kudos
indingrl

CONGRATS STAYING A NON SMOKER NO MATTER WHAT-GOOD JOB!

Mandolinrain

o   h no!!! I had that surgery  and the stent.    I am so sorry you have to endure this. Have you tried lemon water??

My stones were blocked and to large to pass. Sounds like your are as well. I feel for you! Your in my prayers. Kidney stone pain is HORRID. Im so sorry!!!

Never_again

I have been through the stent several times. Hate it but can never seem to get through ureter. I have one 2mm and one 3mm. Thanks for recommendations of lemon. Will add some taste. I have just found out that this is why I have felt ill. Started 2 of my flomax today. Trying to save pain med in case pain is too hard to handle.

0 Kudos
elvan

OMG. Kidney stones are SO PAINFUL...I cannot believe that you are going through this and that you have been through it several times.  You, my friend, are a warrior.  DO take care and keep us posted.  I hope your adventure with your daughter is amazing!

Ellen

Mandolinrain

I can't recall the name of the drug, but they did give me an anti-spasmatic that really helped with the pain. Prosed/DS is name of the med. It did help....I just looked and I still have the bottle, but am sure they are old now and I need to get rid of them.

I recently had a couple stones but they did pass on their own. But wow , when they get stuck, I seriously wanted to just die! Oh...I also used a heating pad on my lower abdomen...that helped relief pain somewhat also. The darn stent was just about as painful as the stupid stones.

Never_again

I feel like the smaller the stent the easier I can handle them. I am currently having most of the pain and nausea in the morning. Not sure Why? Anyways I only have what they gave me and my fingers crossed. Lol.

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

awww well hang in there. Prayers being sent by many of us

0 Kudos