cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

NicMensinga

Gut wrenching grief

Hi everyone,

I've had to reset my quit date yet again. I am feeling frustrated but I am doing my best. 11 months yesterday since I lost the love of my life. I found out on Friday that I have to go to court and read out a victim impact statement of how his death has affected my life. It's just brought everything back up for me.. I spent all day yesterday crying and today I feel like I can barely function... I know being smoke-free will help me but when I feel like this, all reasoning goes out the window. I hope everyone else is still going well.. Just felt I needed to share

43 Replies
NicMensinga

Thanks so much! Yes grief is a hard one.. I am so sorry for what  you are going through.. matters of the heart are really tricky..

How long have you quit for now? yes smoking makes my anxiety so bad! I don't sleep well on them either and smoke from 4am onward...

Yes your words helped.. thank you

0 Kudos
MartyO

So sorry for your loss and the aftermath.  I will be quitting on 2/26/2020 and would love for you to join me!  

Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex and congrats on your decision to quit.  Since you're new, I just wanted to point out some of these posts you're responding to are old so you may not receive a response from the author.   Didn't want you to think we aren't here to support you!  You could create your own post and introduce yourself so the community so we can get to know.  We're here to support you and looking forward to celebrating with you on the 26th. 

Barb

MartyO

Thank you!  

Learning to navigate!

0 Kudos
NicMensinga

Hi and welcome!! Thank you so much... I am just over 6 weeks quit now woo hoo!! I still have my rough days but it's time to look after myself and process my grief rather than numb it.. Good luck and stay on here lots to get help  

green1611

Empathise your feelings.

Unfortunate !  What has happened ..can not be undone.

Time is the only remedy for such things.

However,

Show must go on, so good to get new date and move on.

All the best !

NicMensinga

Thank you... Yep life does go on..

0 Kudos

I can't begin to feel or understand the pain you're going through NicMensinga‌. Know that I'm praying for your healing.

Mn@ 001.jpg

NicMensinga

Thank you   Time does heal but I know it's something I will have to live with forever.. being healthy will help me deal with it. Thanks again for your well wishes!

0 Kudos
SuzyQ411

Welcome back NicMensinga‌ and congratulations on your 6 weeks of being cigarette-free. Please stay in touch and let us know how you are doing. I'm new to this site but already feel we are here to help one another! ~ Suzy