cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Firsts

I flew for the first time since I quit smoking which is now about seven and a half months ago. When I landed I wanted to smoke. I remembered how I would rush out so that I can find the first door the the outside to get my fix. How pathetic that was but nonetheless my mind remembers that habit. I’m so thankful that that is now in the past. 

Labels (1)
7 Replies
Barbscloud

@Hannahkim12345  That's great.  Another challenge met successfully.   Congrats on your 7 1/2 months.  

Barb

0 Kudos
Maki

I love hearing stories like this . Congratulations . 

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Creating new no smoking normalcy is always enlightening which is a reflection of our growth Good job.  Keep creating new normalcy.  What you were experiencing when you got off the plane was what is called "association. "  We associate certain things in our lives with smoking.  After a couple of seasons they will not appear so often. The journey continues. 

0 Kudos

Everyone, thank you! 

0 Kudos
daverson828

Ha, yes. Congratulations on seven and a half months! 

I hated trying to gauge whether there was time to get back through security to catch a connection. Heck, I would pay more to get a flight that went through Atlanta, because they still have smoking lounges in the terminals. And by lounges, I mean small, filthy rooms where even this veteran smoker would have trouble breathing. Reminds me of that idea from Allen Carr's book: would you wear uncomfortably small shoes just to feel the relief of taking them off?  

Thanks for reminding me how much better life can be without having to do stupid, stupid things. 

Yes. I certainly don’t miss those times where you’re planning and planning trying to figure out how I can maneuver another smoke. It really was insane! And definitely stupid stupid!

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Hannahkim12345 congrats on your 7.5 months!

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos