cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

BassHead138

First Day Of My Journey

Today is the first day of my quit. I have been reading a lot of helpful information on this blog leading up to today, so I figured this is as good a time as any to actually create a profile and settle in. After smoking for the past 20+ years, I have attempted to quit several times unsuccessfully, but I truly feel different about this one. I am much more prepared and educated this time around. Trying to stay focused in the present instead of looking too far ahead and being overwhelmed; just stacking one day at a time.

32 Replies
Giulia

Yup, that "just one" will get us every time.  Glad you're back at it.  Starting over is the pits, ain't it?!!!   I think that's one of the main reasons I never relapsed after that last go-round in 2006.  Too much work to go through it again.  It really does get to the point where it's easier to stay quit than begin anew.  But that too is a mindset that comes with experience.  Kudos on the 6 days.  Tomorrow you'll have a Week!  Stay free.

Barbscloud

Glad you got back on your quit so soon.   So this is day 9 now?   Keep up the good work.

Barb

0 Kudos
Barb102

so glad that you are back. Look forward not backwards. NOPE. 

0 Kudos