cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

BassHead138

First Day Of My Journey

Today is the first day of my quit. I have been reading a lot of helpful information on this blog leading up to today, so I figured this is as good a time as any to actually create a profile and settle in. After smoking for the past 20+ years, I have attempted to quit several times unsuccessfully, but I truly feel different about this one. I am much more prepared and educated this time around. Trying to stay focused in the present instead of looking too far ahead and being overwhelmed; just stacking one day at a time.

32 Replies
lqsi12

Yeaa great choice lots of help and information here, so much to digest you won't have time to smoke.  Post aa much as you can, both good and bad, we like to hear and help, even have fun and laugh once in a while too.  

sweetplt

Hi and Welcome to Ex’s...so glad you found our site...and glad you have decided to quit smoking.  We are all in this journey together....Day 1 is Day Won...and now on to Day 2...the days do stack up...If you haven’t already, I suggest you read My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX it will really help in planning for triggers/craves....Happy Tuesday...smokefree...~ Colleen 148 DOF 

Mandolinrain

Welcome and its refreshing to hear you have taken the time to learn about the addiction. I think quits go much better with knowledge

Bree19

Welcome to EX.  The fact that you've been preparing AND JOINED US shows you are determined to make this work.

Please come back often (daily).  It will strengthen your resolve and give you a place to vent, whine, complain, celebrate and make friends.

You can do this you know.  We all did.  We're here for you.

Blessings

Bree

That's how it's done … one day at a time in the beginning until it becomes one week, one month, etc.  Best Wishes!

mrios5776

Congratulations on starting your journey! You have joined a great community, you will find a lot of support here. Good luck on your journey!

Juliedee

On day 2 of my quit.  It is not easy but we got this.

BassHead138

Definitely not easy, but doable. This is now day 3 for me. It has been a little tougher than the first two so far, but I'm digging in and getting through it.

mrios5776

Keep going Basshead! You got this!

0 Kudos
indingrl

WELCOME AND CONGRATS AND WAY TO GO! Education is the key- gentle hug.