cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Judy4511

Ecig madness

Yesterday turned into today  Today turned into tomorrow. I keep putting this ecig habit on hold  My body knows it's time to quit but my mind is behind the 8 ball. I've been trying to get information on how to do this and succeed. I have to make tomorrow the first day!!!  How do you get off these things?

Labels (1)
5 Replies
sweetplt

Hi and Welcome to Ex’s...Ecigs are no different then smoking and you are addicted to them.  I would suggest you go to My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX read and participate there by deciding on a quit date.  Once you have your quit date, rid all paraphernalia and prepare fo that day like no other...unfortunately you traded one addiction for another...but you can do this hon...keep close to the support site...go get started...~ Colleen 191 DOF 

maryfreecig

I'm assuming you are vaping nicotine. Is this right?

Quitting is a one day at a time journey. No other way to do it.

If you have not learned about nicotine addiction, please do yourself a favor and read all you can. Understanding that you are dealing with a drug dependency (if the ecigs had no nicotine you would have little to no difficulty controlling yourself--it's a drug that messes with your brain).

Plan, stick with Ex for support, consider and learn about NRT or medicines that might help--but they can only do so much. Deciding to quit is your first step.

Yes you can, one day at a time.

0 Kudos
AnnetteMM

Throw out all the vaping stuff and don't buy any more vaping stuff.

Then come here and search the blogs for all the great ideas what to do when you quit.

Quitting is easy.

Staying quit is the hard part. That's why we're here.

0 Kudos
indingrl

Welcome - thanks for your courage and self honesty - WE do - one breathe at a time as OUR day unfolds and WE educate OURSELVES to NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF EVER and YOU get to choose-  YOUR New mind on .- facts -  about what YOU are choosing TODAY -  to suck on death by one puff at a time to cope with YOUR inside issues OR  to keep on blogging here - BEFORE -  YOU take that first puff over YOU and gove us a chance to share our experince in staying a non smoker by reading others blogs of their experience - YOU get to choose - what is best for - YOU and YOUR New mindset and YOUR OWN PERSONAL NON SMOKER LIFE STYLE - whatever style YOU want and it is only for  one day at a time - sometimes seconds and 5 minutes or breathing in and out to Not Take that first puff over YOU ❤  - CONGRATS ON NICOTINE FREEDOM- gentle hug ❤ 

0 Kudos
intervention

One of the advantages of vaping is that you can easily control the amount of nicotine. If you have a tank or pod device that allows you to put in your own e-liquid then cut down slowly (e.g. go from 12 to 6 to 3 to 0) and vape at 0 for while to make sure you are nicotine free. You then should have an easier time giving it up completely by following the many good suggestions you will find on this site. 

0 Kudos