cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

BassHead138

First Day Of My Journey

Today is the first day of my quit. I have been reading a lot of helpful information on this blog leading up to today, so I figured this is as good a time as any to actually create a profile and settle in. After smoking for the past 20+ years, I have attempted to quit several times unsuccessfully, but I truly feel different about this one. I am much more prepared and educated this time around. Trying to stay focused in the present instead of looking too far ahead and being overwhelmed; just stacking one day at a time.

32 Replies
Juliedee

Thanks

0 Kudos
MarilynH

Congratulations on your precious quit journey you are doing this quit and you're doing it one precious Smokefree Day at a time or hour minute or even a second at a time YAY for each and every Day WON. ....

djmurray

Welcome to EX, Basshead -- You've come to the right place to get the support we all need to start and stay on this journey.  And as we all know and experienced, every journey has a first step.  I smoked heavily for 53 years and thought I would never quit.  My doctor said I had COPD and for more than a year I was in denial.  But ultimately I had to face the fact that every time I inhaled that crap into my lungs, I was measurably shortening my life.  I blogged just about every day for the first year, and I can assure you that you do NOT have to put on a happy face for this community.  When you're feeling good, that's great, we love to be happy for and with you.  When you're feeling bad, scared, lonely without your "best friend" blog about that, too.  You will be amazed how the folks here can relate.  We're happy to meet you!

Juliedee

Thanks

On Fri, May 3, 2019, 9:23 AM mrios5776 <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>

0 Kudos
Barb102

I like your thinking. Preparing and coming for support is great. Welcome. I’m so glad you are here with us. We are here to support you !

Giulia

Mole you doin' ok.jpg    How goes it?

BassHead138

I'm still here. Unfortunately I lost my quit during the first week. "Just one" did me in and was back to buying packs in no time. Unlike in the past when I would quit quitting, it didn't feel good to be smoking again. I spent time over the next couple weeks reading Allen Carr's book twice, and it has really helped with the mental side of things. I am currently on day 6 without smoking, and I am already noticing some of the positive changes in my energy levels and being able to breathe. That is helping to motivate me to keep going, along with the fact that I never want to have to start the quitting process ever again.

mrios5776

Good for you! You got this!

On Mon, Jun 10, 2019, 8:34 AM BassHead138 <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

BassHead138 wrote:

I'm still here. Unfortunately I lost my quit during the first week. "Just one" did me in and was back to buying packs in no time. Unlike in the past when I would quit quitting, it didn't feel good to be smoking again. I spent time over the next couple weeks reading Allen Carr's book twice, and it has really helped with the mental side of things. I am currently on day 6 without smoking, and I am already noticing some of the positive changes in my energy levels and being able to breathe. That is helping to motivate me to keep going, along with the fact that I never want to have to start the quitting process ever again.

Great! Thanks for checking and letting us know how you are doing!

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
MarilynH

Congratulations BassHead138 on your precious quit journey YAY for each and every Day WON with many more to come....