Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

anaussiemom

Dopamine?

Jump to solution

Our brains need dopamine, right?     

What  can give you healthy Dopamine,  besides EXERCISE.??

Chocolate?
Hugging?

Meditating?

Seriously confused.   Reading to much prevention and relapsing on smoking maybe.   EEK IDK.   #

1 Solution
16 Replies
indingrl

CONGRATS ON EDUCATING KIM ON KIM! Keep on keeping on just sharing the love that was SUGGESTED to ME in early recovery to go to whyquit.com and read about MY nicotine addiction and LEARN how to cope with MYSELF and learn a NEW way of life on lifes terms just like other humans were living their life by CHOICES of FREE WILL and for ME it is to learn from reading the offering of tons of CHOICES to watch videos or to read the FREE book... NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF by Joel who has been helping nicotine addicts for over 45 years and online reading free offer it and also it was SUGGESTED to put as much into MY RECOVERY FROM NICOTINE as I did in USING NICOTINE and I SUCKED ON 50 DEATH STICKS A DAY at the end of MY USING MY DRUG OF CHOICE NICOTINE and I didnt think that was USING TOO MUCH either.... I will NOT deceive MYSELF into twisted OLD thinking patterns that WILL TRY to convince this RECOVERING FROM NICOTINE ADDICT to think I am doing too much recovering when I know personally... I am talking about ME not anyone else... I should be dead from USING NICOTINE yet GOD in his goodness and grace let ME live to HELP the next suffering NICOTINE addict to keep on keeping and blogging and reading and dancing and blogging and exercising and trying new things and blogging and taking a nap and blogging and eating healthier and blogging and praying and blogging and take suggestions  today and blogging and to keep practicing NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF....NOT ONE PUFF OVER ME...just ONE DAY AT A TIME CHOOSE WISE THE EDUCATION OF READING ABOUT MY ADDICTION TO NICOTINE with NEW ways NEW behaviors to cope with living without USING MY DRUG OF CHOICE NICOTINE and it was SUGGESTED TO ME.... KEEP IT SIMPLE....NOT ONE PUFF EVER... so keep on educating yourself my beloved sister Kim on FREEDOM FROM NICOTINE ADDICTION that teaches peace from with in and being comfortable in MY own skin and MY own life and enjoy this DAY in love joy peace and breathing in MY NEW SWEET BREATHE OF NOT ONE PUFF OVER ME NO MATTER WHAT...please take what HELPS and let go of the rest to be HELPFUL is MY only aim... thank you Kim for HELPING ME to remain quit with you and ALL here in this moment of this day TOGETHER gosh it is wonderful to CHOOSE not to be alone! Thank you again Kim for reminding ME of MY attitude of gratitude and to the thank God for MY nicotine free lifestyle now and for you my precious Kim teaching ME to always remain open minded and teachable in MY Lord Jesus name amen

JACKIE1-25-15

Music. Viewing Lovely artwork, photos, pictures, Crafting, Singing, Dancing, Doing something special for someone else. 

Food:

Protein, Fruit and Veggies, Nuts and Seeds, Wheat Germ

Herbs:

Nettles Fenugreek, Ginseng, Milk Thistle, Red Clover, and Peppermint. They are best consumed as herbal teas.

Supplements:

Tyrosine, plus several Vitamins such as B, C and E as well as Iron, Folic Acid and Niacin.

[Check with your health care practitioner before including additional iron in your diet.]

Mindfulness Meditation

Sleep (who doesn't like this one?)

Set and reach a New Goal: Start thinking of your little daily activities as goals.

And as Jackie points out: pleasure in all of it's forms!

Smoking is definitely not required!

prjimm01

probably get censored but....sex (which gets better if you quit!)

anaussiemom

That is part of exercise!  I would prefer chocolate .  

JACKIE1-25-15

Sexercise is not EXercise.  To different actions but I am not going to smoke over it. 

anaussiemom

Ok good!  No smoking!

0 Kudos
elvan

Laughing, petting an animal, ALL of the above.