cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

jsichi

Day 5: Am I going Insane?

This is my first attempt at quitting in over 20 years of smoking. I'm on Day 5 and I feel like my head might explode. I think I just need some reassurance that I won't always feel this insane. I'm struggling, but I'm going to do this.

Tags (1)
116 Replies
sweetplt

Nope you are not insane ... I am 67 days quit and my first few weeks quit I thought my head felt so foggy, but it passed.  It is about this time we have to start dealing with emotions and life and realize we smoked through everything... Meditation and deep breathing technique helped a lot.  Also, for me praying to God...gotcha in my thoughts and this too shall pass ~ Colleen

0 Kudos
jbennett300

Congratulations! It's so great to read your progression! 

virgomama

Congratulations!!!!  What a great read to watch you come from 5 days until now.   You did it. 

Lebenn2

I promise you it’ll get better . I’m a year in and when I quit ( after many relapses) I finally did it cold turkey. I thought my head would explode too and hat I just couldn’t do it. I always said I’d never be able to do it and that I wasn’t strong enough. I found every excuse not to quit for a long time.

i however did do it and I can tell you the freedom is amazing. I never knew how much cigarettes controlled my time and where I went till after I quit .

It will get better and till then find as many distractions as possible .

when you reach a week buy yourself something no matter how small and be proud.

you can do this 

I promise 

jsichi

Hello! Almost 400 days have passed since I quit smoking and posted about my struggle on day 5. I just want to say that I appreciate all of the positive comments from everyone and I tell people all the time that if I can do this you can too. 1 day at a time, one craving at a time. 

indingrl

CONGRATS ON 400 NON SMOKER DAYS!!! GOOD JOB! WAY TO GO!!! Yahoooooo

TW517

Congrats on 400 days!  I remember when you made this post over a year ago.  I was tempted to reply with just, "Yes" and come back a little later to say, "Just kidding".  Then I remembered that on my Day 5 (actually in my first month or so), my sense of humor was not quite as good as it could be, and perhaps I should resist the temptation .  Thanks for coming back to share.  You are an inspiration!

jsichi

Hahaha.. I would of appreciated the joke!

thanks for the kind words!

Giulia

Well isn't that great to know!  5 days to 400 days - keep being the shining example you are.  You give everybody here hope.  BRAVO!  

Alicatsam

I almost exploded yesterday. It lasted hours. Finally posted my frustration here, and someone replied "explode into a good way of thinking" or something like that. So, I did, and I made it through smoke free.

If I can make it, so can you!

I'm on day 6, you're gonna make it too.