cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Ralph1955

Day 36 isn’t a good day

I don’t know what it is today but I’m not having a good day at all. I’m very irritable I’m on edge and it’s taking all my strength to ignore these feelings. In the past I would just say forget it and I can go buy cigarettes but not today. I don’t know why Day 36 Is such a difficult day for me. Is this normal? I haven’t had a day like this since I quit.

22 Replies
YoungAtHeart

You had good days and bad days when you smoked, too - didn't you?  The difference is that you aren't hiding from your feelings on this one.

Hang in there - it will pass.  Try to give yourself some TLC today. 

If all else is in the crapper, take heart - you are QUITTING SMOKING!

Jennifer-Quit

Hoping day 37 is better - good days and bad days are a part of life.  Take my word for it -- smoking does not help with life's problems - only adds to them.  Do whatever is necessary to get through this funk.  Freedom from nicotine is wonderful!

stAn3

Congratulations on coming to this site and posting instead of smoking. I’m sorry you are having a bad day. I hope you feel better tomorrow.

Ralph1955

Wow I am so blessed to have all of you here with me. Today is a better day and I’m on the 14mg patches now. 

Thank you all for the support and Lifting me up. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

beazel

Don't have much to add, I agree with everyone. Please be proud of yourself for accepting a bad day and not using it as your excuse to smoke!

IrishRose

LOVE THIS:   "Please be proud of yourself for accepting a bad day and not using it as your excuse to smoke!"

I could only hit the "like" button once, but wanted to keep on clicking it. 

Irish Rose 

NewMe

So much truth in the answers already. Smoking never really did anything to relieve stress. You were able to hide from your feelings in the past by smoking. When you get to the point where you can confront problems without a crutch, just think about how much faster you will get to the point of finding solutions. Meanwhile, life is full of good days and bad, whether you smoke or not. Here's hoping today will be one of the good ones. Pat yourself on the back for making it this far, and then keep going!

SaraCorinne

Congratulations on your 36 days!  I can't wait till I'm that far in!  I'm on day 3, remember how sucky that was?!!!  

HealthyOrange

Hi Ralph, It is perfectly normal to have a day or two like this about now.  Take extra special care of yourself.  Nurture yourself and this too shall pass.  It's all part of the process of shedding the addiction.  You are doing a great job.  Keep stacking those days.

elvan

I am sure you had some bad days when you were smoking, I sure did, life is full of good days and bad days and you have just entered No Man's Land and that can pose some challenges although they are all challenges that you can overcome and that you HAVE overcome to have come this far.  Congratulations on your...38 days is it now?  You are doing great.  

Ellen