cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

princessdeb

Day 24...

Hi everyone!  Today is 24 days for me  I have been visiting friends in Palm Springs and what a fantastic experience! I've known my friends for 24 years and they are both ex-smokers. We were talking about how wonderful it is not having to go outside in the -105° + heat to smoke!!  They are big supporters of mine and let me know that they are there for me whenever I need a friend.

Yesterday I was back home in San Diego and we headed to the baseball game.  My husband quit smoking 4 years ago and he is ecstatic that I quit!  It was great at the game not getting anxiety about when and where I was going to smoke.  There's no smoking in the ball park.  I would have to leave the game...go outside the park and smoke in a designated smoking area.  I've done it...but NO MORE!!!

This morning I've experienced a few urges but came here immediately!  I'm so grateful to have the wonderful support of everyone here.  I guess it's time to do more reading about NML  since it is just around the corner from me! 

In 45 years of smoking, I've never made it this long without a cigarette.  Thank you all for the encouragement and help with my non-smoking journey!

Deborah 24 DOF 

Tags (1)
14 Replies
constanceclum

Congratulations! At 28 days free, I'm just a little ahead of you and experiencing all those joys too. It really is freedom. I still have some rough patches here and there, usually in the morning, but I know they will quickly pass and I will soon be experiencing the joy of freedom again. I think we've got this!

Connie

Barbscloud

Deb, I don't believe it's been 24 days already.   It still amazes me how quickly the days add up.  More milestones everyday that prove that we can do it.    I would have walked out of that ballpark in a minute for a cigarette.   Crazy the things we do.  Never again for me either.

JACKIE1-25-15

Congratulations on 24 days of freedom.  Having a support network like EX makes a difference.  I am glad that you are using your support system.  Keep up the EXcellent work. 

princessdeb

constanceclum.  Connie...Congratulations on 28 days of Freedom!!! Like you, my rough patches are usually in the morning and after dinner. We've got this!!  I love my days of Freedom!  Looking forward to more!

0 Kudos
princessdeb

Barbscloud  Barb...it's hard for me to believe it's been 24 days!  Couldn't have done it without the support and encouragement of people like you!! Thanks for being here!

0 Kudos
princessdeb

JACKIE1-25-15. Jackie   I wish I was at 245 days  but I'm happy to be at 24 days  Thank you for all that you do here!

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

I had a 13 game Season Ticket Plan for the Orioles when my girls were growing up - and it never seemed to fail that I would be out of the seating bowl when the most important defensive play of the game was executed or a home run was hit..   

NEVER failed. I can STILL remember the sound of the crowd and wondering what I had missed (AGAIN!).

Glad you got to enjoy the ENTIRE game!  Smoke free IS the way to be (and to not miss any of the action.

Nancy

JACKIE1-25-15

Typo

princessdeb

Nancy...we got a 10 game membership with the San Diego Padres.   I've never had so much fun! The first couple of games I was out of the park smoking and like you, I could hear the crowd and wondered what I had missed! Never Again!!  Thanks for all you contribute to EX!

0 Kudos