cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

healthyjayjo

Nice to be here on Day 24

Hi all - my name is Jill, I live in Maryland and I am on my 4th (and, I'm determined, final) quit. Prior to October 24 (my quit date this time around), my wonderful significant other and I had quit in January 2007. I lasted 10 months but he stuck with it and has been very patiently waiting for me to be ready again. A huge health scare with his mother was the catalyst for me this time around.  I know with 100% certainly I am NOT a social smoker (lol) and I'm embracing the "NOPE" mantra!

I'm on the patch and have not had too much difficulty managing cravings thus far. My insomnia and constipation have been more bothersome than cravings -- I'm really not feeling my best! But I know these symptoms will subside. In the past, the post-quit weight gain has made me absolutely miserable. I just invested in a BodyMedia FIT arm band which monitors calories in and calories out in hopes of keeping weight gain within 5 pounds. I have a desk job and work 50 hours a week but I am a morning exerciser and hope to get out for mid day walks as well.

I certainly look forward to cheering all of you on and learning from you too so we can all accomplish our goal of being smoke free for good!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
newlife5

welcome to becomeanex....i am on my 6th day  and never thought i could get this far this websiteis an answer to my prayer  ...I dont think i could have gotten this far without it ...just hang in there and you will quit once and for all ....

0 Kudos
stepgail

Hi Jill,

I'm finishing my 2nd week and SO proud!! what is working for me is the patch and several times a day when have a big urge use the lozenges! They help tremendously!! purchased the 4mg but too strong so cut them in 1/2 or 1/4 and works great!!

0 Kudos
done

N.O.P.E

0 Kudos
laurie37

Hi, come join us in the BLOGS where everybody hangs out. Just click BLOGS at the top of your screen. 🙂

0 Kudos