cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

mark_m4

Day 2!!

I am on my second day without cigarettes. It is tough, but I have fought all the urges so far. I am using the patch and interested in hearing of anyones experiences with using it. I am worried I will not be able to wing myself off of it. Thanks for everyones support, this website is a blessing!
0 Kudos
6 Replies
rj_

Mark
congrats on the decision to quit and the start up, sorry to say the only experience I have on the patch was from so long ago ya still had to have a prescription, it didn't end well. but I'm attaching a couple items for you to read, they helped me on my road to freedom after 32 yrs.
Best of Luck...RJ...Free and healing 366 days after 32+ years of feeding the addiction 2-4 packs a day, having saved 51 days of life, $3,366.24 and not inhailing death 14,736 times by choice one day at a time. NTAP NOPE
0 Kudos
rj_

Mark
congrats on the decision to quit and the start up, sorry to say the only experience I have on the patch was from so long ago ya still had to have a prescription, it didn't end well. but I'm attaching a couple items for you to read, they helped me on my road to freedom after 32 yrs.
Best of Luck...RJ...Free and healing 366 days after 32+ years of feeding the addiction 2-4 packs a day, having saved 51 days of life, $3,366.24 and not inhailing death 14,736 times by choice one day at a time. NTAP NOPE
0 Kudos
edith2

Yes you will Mark. You'll be able to wean yourself from the patch. This is a win-win situation for you. The key is to stay motivated and energetic about your quit. If you want to quit more than anything you've ever wanted in your life, you will beat this addiction. Be willing to go to any lengths to quit. If you have to go through this kicking and screaming, it's okay as long as you don't smoke. The hard part is temporary. You'll love being smoke-free. It's like a breath of fresh air.
0 Kudos
les

I didn't use the patch, but you will hear from many who did. When Edith comes along and tells you not to substitute pot for nicotine, please ignore her. She means well, but is on a tangent about it. Stick around here for a while and you will get to know all of us. There are us fun people, and there are the others. Believe it or not, quitting can be fun. Check out my blogs. Look at Polly, Debbie and Karen S. Also Michael Patterson, Jennie, Zeke, John Pugh and many more. These are people you want to be your friends. Keep your head down and your chin up. You can do this!
0 Kudos
david-hibling

keep in there Mark - day 8 here and day 2 was tough you can do it bud
0 Kudos
edith2

This is a good post, Mark. It's something that we all can relate to and it has to do with quitting.
0 Kudos