Sometimes

the simplest things feel

like a big huge deal

in this delicate state

I do what I can

which doesn't seem like much

22 Replies
maryfreecig

Congratulations for getting right back to your quit.

YoungAtHeart

PLEASE think about what caused you to make that decision to smoke.  then  make a plan now for what you will do instead during the same experience THIS time. This gets easier - it really does - but you have to be patient and stick with it.

Decide you are not going to smoke another cigarette NO MATTER WHAT!

I am glad you are starting in again right away.  Proud of you!

Nancy

0 Kudos
elvan

Tammyzhere  So sorry you had to reset your quit date...the most important thing is to figure out what went wrong and be prepared should it happen again.  There are always going to be half cigarettes laying around...sometimes WHOLE ones.  I remember one of my many failed quits when I was seriously throwing a tantrum.  I stood in front of the refrigerator trying to think of yet another thing I could stuff my feelings into...I said out loud, "Oh PLEASE God, I cannot DO this."  I slammed the refrigerator door and a full, unopened pack of cigarettes fell off the top of the fridge and into my waiting hands.  I am sorry to say that I took that as a "sign."  I cannot tell you how long I smoked again before another quit.  That was my story, quit/fail, quit/fail, quit/fail...over and over and over again.  This LAST time, and it IS the last time, I nearly died and I knew that this was the REAL sign.  It has been almost 4 years after 47 years as a smoker who quit over and over again.  I am so happy with this success...I cannot tell you how wonderful it feels and how much I would love YOU to feel it.  Besides, I really enjoy your poetry!

XOXO,

Ellen

0 Kudos