Sometimes

the simplest things feel

like a big huge deal

in this delicate state

I do what I can

which doesn't seem like much

22 Replies
Deb-EX

Tammyzhere Was wondering how you were feeling??!! I blogged on day 14 myself and then I started noticing that so many others have blogged on day 13, 14.. seemingly being a time in which a lot of us start to have a tough go of it . I'm using a nicotine patch and I suffered (mentally, and probably a bit physically too) through strong cravings, feeling exhausted and just all around bummed and lost. Those days.. 13, 14, 15 I truly questioned myself. I reached deep down and pulled out the anger I had about this power struggle I was having with my BRAIN.  Honestly I was NOT going to let my addiction win, there is no going back for me so I just plowed through - And here I am at day 20 - I WON!   I stayed very close to this support group and I honestly feel like had I not got the amazing support I did during that time from THIS GROUP, things might be different for me me today!!  I congratulate you! It sounds like you went CT - If so, you are truly winning. Hope you're feeling better!!

elvan

How are you doing?  Thinking of you.

Ellen

Tammyzhere

It's getting much easier not to smoke with each passing day.  I'm thinking of it less and less now.  Part of me still can't believe it.  I tried so many different times and struggled so badly until I just gave in and smoked.  This time was so completely different.  I figure it's a combinations of 1) being ready, 2) reading that Allen Carr booklet and 3) have the support of the people here at ex.  So far the only weirdness is that my stomach and sleep are still messed up but, I figure that's to be expected.   I read something about the effect of caffeine being different without the nicotine.  40 years of smoking vs. 16 days of freedom   

Tammyzhere

November 16, 2017

18 days since I quit

0 Kudos
Tammyzhere

how weird - I lost track of a couple days there

guess I forgot to mention - I'm a bit loopy still too

0 Kudos
elvan

Congratulations on 18 days!  I am much more sensitive to caffeine since I quit smoking, I am not sure that is something that happens most people.  I really don't know.  I do know that I used to be able to drink a pot of coffee and now I can't drink more than a cup.  I cannot drink anything with caffeine in it late in the afternoon or I won't sleep.  That is my personal experience.  The loopiness is part of the journey...deep breaths in through the nose, exhale slowly through purse lips...like you are blowing bubbles.  You need oxygen and since you are not smoking, it is entirely possible that you have forgotten how to breathe.

I am really proud of you...coming up on three weeks!

Ellen

ampan75

I read that we usually breathe 13 to 14 times each minute. relaxed person 8 to 9 each minute and spiritual ones 4 to 5. 

0 Kudos
elvan

That's REALLY slow...normal respirations (at least when monitoring patients) is 16-20/min.  I don't think that I would get enough oxygen with 4-5, now I am going to be stuck counting, LOL.  I breathe in and count then then at LEAST double the time when I exhale, if I can triple it, I do that but I will admit that sometimes I kind of panic.

Tammyzhere

I found a half cigarette then smoked it.  

Now I dunno how to change my date on here...

I have about 2 weeks now. 

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Top right corner click on "my quit plan"  will take you to Community page comes.  Go top middle of page in green block and click on pencil to edit, edit then save.