cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Cravings

First day and I am craving craving craving. 

23 Replies
Giulia

Horsenose.jpg

Coyote1

You can totally do this! Think about how cool you'll be when you quit. No one will give you that side eye for smelling like smoke or cross the street to avoid the second hand. I get it. It's so freaking tough that first day. Take a deep breath of oxygen. Visualize what you'll do with all the free time you'll gain when you aren't wasting your life smoking. 

pcolaflorida

Are you still not smoking?

Still not smoking. Was jersey st reading some articles on the why quit site. Craving went away looking at some nasty pictures. Plus I remembered how good I felt when I had quit before. 

pcolaflorida

I didn't doubt you! Congrats and I'm right behind you... Just one day but hell it's a start!

It is one hell of a start! 

TurboRose

Take a deep breath, grab something from your quit toolkit. I used a lot of cut up drinking straws, cinnamon candy. I went for walks, got in bed and watched movies. I did things to distract myself. I'd been smoking for over 30 years. Today, I celebrate 2 years of freedom. Sending you positive vibes and love. You've got this, if this is what you want! 

This is what I want. Drinking lot’s of water with lime or lemon. Deep breathing and reminding myself that if I smoke now I’ll just have to start this fun all over and I don’t want to do this again. 

TurboRose

Inch by inch, every things's a cinch is one of my favorite sayings from the late Rev. Robert Schuller. I've done some reading since I made my comment. I now know you had 19 years of freedom so you know what the journey is like. Congratulations on stopping again. I'm not sure what to say that you don't already know that will help you through the challenging moments. Please know there's someone out here sending you positive vibes and lots of light and love. I'm rooting for you.

Your story of why you started smoking again is a teaching point for me. It reminds me how fragile my quit is and I need to try and always be mindful that even one seemingly innocent puff regardless of the reason and the intention will send me down a rabbit hole.  

pcolaflorida

I can't wait to be like you!