cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

lizzo

Crap, sugar is addictive too?

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Story?id=2001298&page=1

Well, at least all those suckers I eat don't cause lung cancer.
0 Kudos
37 Replies
lizzo

Why are the sweet things always so bad? Oh well... you are right Kosmik... lets pink up the lungs and worry about the hips later. I have been looking online at candy I grew up with... root beer barrels sound really good -haven't had those in years!
0 Kudos
cindy25

Root Beer Barrels....are you KIDDING ME? OMG! I WOULD KILL FOR THOSE. what were those little reddish brown knobby nugget things called -that were crunchy...did they have nuts in them? Maybe ____ bricks or something? Sugar babies would be nice too.
0 Kudos
lizzo

Check online.. lots of places have retro candy.. mmmmmmm caaaannndddyyy....
0 Kudos

(Smile) Cindy do you mean the "Boston Baked Beans" ? I loved those growing up. Can't eat them now, might break my teeth. (lol). I love to eat me some jelly beans. I'm eating more since I quit smoking.
0 Kudos
manofsteele

Sugar effects more than the hips...

Researching sugar is scary and really not fun to think about but should also be eliminated as much as possible in everyones diet.

Its more than a weight issue is also has serious cancer connections. So be careful what you replace cigarette habits and maybe find sugar free substitutes when possible. Sorry to be a downer here ...sometimes the truth hurts but at least its the truth.
0 Kudos
manofsteele

Sugar effects more than the hips...

Researching sugar is scary and really not fun to think about but should also be eliminated as much as possible in everyones diet.

Its more than a weight issue is also has serious cancer connections. So be careful what you replace cigarette habits and maybe find sugar free substitutes when possible. Sorry to be a downer here ...sometimes the truth hurts but at least its the truth.
0 Kudos
cindy25

The sugar and addiction connection is only temporary. It goes away when the person is more stable....except for chocolate....that craving never goes away especially if you are female....known fact, just ask a female.
0 Kudos
cindy25

Yes! Boston Baked Beans! Do they make those anymore? OMG remember candy cigarettes! I totally forgot about those! Geeezzz, no wonder all us old farts started smoking!
0 Kudos
cindy25

Yes! Boston Baked Beans! Do they make those anymore? OMG remember candy cigarettes! I totally forgot about those! Geeezzz, no wonder all us old farts started smoking!
0 Kudos