cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

MaryRobin

Close Call

Day 7 for me and I had my closest call yet with vaping again.

My colleague who sits next to me has started vaping at her desk (not allowed, but unless I told on her, no one would find out- so easy to hide), and she was using it a lot today. Then she left for a meeting, and there it was, right on her desk. 
I took a long hard look at it, and my mind was 100% committed to making a stop on my way home to the vape store. My mind said,”It is FINE- don’t put yourself through this quit; just start again and enjoy!!!” Over and over and over again..... And honestly, until I got in the car, I wasn’t sure if I would drive home or make that detour.....

Well, I am PROUD to say I went straight home, no detour to the vape shop. On the drive (once I had passed the shop by) I was relieved that I didn’t give in. That I could come home and hug my kids and still be honest and a non-vaping/smoking mom and wife. That I could come to this site and share that I stayed strong, and you all know how hard that can be in a moment like that. That I could make it, despite this nearly 25 year-old habit and addiction I have. I chose ME over it. But it was a really close call.....

Any one else have a moment they want to share about the day? To all of you who have recently quit juuling/vaping, STAY strong and choose YOU! If I can do it, so can you.

PS-Adding a shot of my daughter and me....She is one of my “living mantras” in this journey.

31 Replies
Giulia

Those close calls make us stronger. Assuming we get through them. Which you did.  Brava! 

"I thought of all of you on the site today when I was struggling, and how sad it would be for me to have to admit that I had failed if I didn’t make it....It helped a lot. "  You can always carry us in your back pocket or front pocket or pocket book.  We're a blog away.  If you connect to certain people here - send them a PM.  They'll respond.  Or write someone's name here that you respect and admire for their Quitability.  Put it up on your daily calendar, or reminder or pop up... whatever.  

Your success inspires those younger in their quits to keep on.  And it also inspires us Elders to keep on too.  Because your courage in overcoming, ENcourages our maintenance.  Ya know?  

Kudos on one week of magnificent steadfastness and self-discipline!  (And I love the mantra line too.  Beautiful mantra to have!)  

elvan

You did GREAT, remembering that should help make you feel stronger.  You and your daughter are BOTH very lovely.  You really are DOING this and I hope you realize that you probably helped more than one person by relating this story.

Ellen