cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

MaryRobin

Close Call

Day 7 for me and I had my closest call yet with vaping again.

My colleague who sits next to me has started vaping at her desk (not allowed, but unless I told on her, no one would find out- so easy to hide), and she was using it a lot today. Then she left for a meeting, and there it was, right on her desk. 
I took a long hard look at it, and my mind was 100% committed to making a stop on my way home to the vape store. My mind said,”It is FINE- don’t put yourself through this quit; just start again and enjoy!!!” Over and over and over again..... And honestly, until I got in the car, I wasn’t sure if I would drive home or make that detour.....

Well, I am PROUD to say I went straight home, no detour to the vape shop. On the drive (once I had passed the shop by) I was relieved that I didn’t give in. That I could come home and hug my kids and still be honest and a non-vaping/smoking mom and wife. That I could come to this site and share that I stayed strong, and you all know how hard that can be in a moment like that. That I could make it, despite this nearly 25 year-old habit and addiction I have. I chose ME over it. But it was a really close call.....

Any one else have a moment they want to share about the day? To all of you who have recently quit juuling/vaping, STAY strong and choose YOU! If I can do it, so can you.

PS-Adding a shot of my daughter and me....She is one of my “living mantras” in this journey.

31 Replies
AnnetteMM

congratulations-you-did-the-thing.jpg

0 Kudos
Exvape

Thank you!!

On Wed, Oct 2, 2019 at 10:57 AM AnnetteMM <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>

Barbscloud

You made the right decision for you!

Image result for you should be proud of yourself

Barb

MaryRobin

Love this! Thank you 

0 Kudos
NanKath

Your did great and should be extremely proud of yourself! I've had similar things during my short quit time, just not today by chance, because my hubby is still smoking. He leaves and his cigarettes are right there on the back porch... My mind says "who would know if I smoked one?"  In my mind I yell I"would know" and that is all that really matters! I'm doing this not him and I am not willing to let myself down this time!! Keep up the good work!

MaryRobin

That must be difficult, and you are doing it!! You have really inspired me.:))

I remember when my kids were babies: I flew with them from Montreal to LA with one-stop, and it was exhausting for me. I told a friend afterwards about the trials and challenges of customs, security check points, and so much more. A few weeks later, I met a mom who told me her story of flying with her 1 year-old triplets from LA to St. Petersburg, Russia. 

My co-worker and the daylight hours I am in close proximity to her are doable for me, especially since I know you are making it work with your husband’s cigarettes on the back porch. Perspective! I will be sending you supportive vibes, knowing that your honesty with yourself can make all the difference.

0 Kudos
indingrl

CONGRATS staying a non smoker - beautiful YOU and daughter pic - thanks for sharing -  gentle hug

Redhead101

Great choice buddy ,love the picture  of you and your daughter  awwww,,,yea my co worker  gos come have a cig with me i snap said I dont smoke just out of reflex she gos I'm sorry I forgot you told me the other day ,,she go well just come on outside  sit and talk so i talked ,I didn't  smoke think I done well 

YoungAtHeart

YES, you did!  Did you feel sorry for her that she HAS to smoke and you don't, I hope?

MaryRobin

Yes, I do feel sorry for her that she feels she has to smoke. She is a nice person AND she has many substance dependancies.... But it is becoming a turn off to know she smokes, which is actually helping my quit, SO....I am in some way grateful to her. That said, I really wish she would quit for her. Who knows- assuming I stay in this (and that is most definitely my plan!) maybe she will be inspired! Right now though, I must take care of ME and protect myself.:))

Happy Weekend! Thanks for writing!