cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Grammy25

Changing my quit date

I am sorry to say I guess I wasn’t as prepared as I thought! I found a open pack of cigarettes and smoked them!

I decided that my new quit date is tomorrow September 1 and this time I am sticking to it!

I want off of the nightly oxygen that I have been on for 3 months now and I will have a better chance of that if I totally quit smoking!

I will definitely be turning to all of you if I feel that I am going to fail again before lighting up!

Thank you for understanding 

35 Replies
Bellegonia

Hi Grammy! I can't believe I missed your day Quit Day One (working, drats) but I'm happy to chime in on what is hopefully your Quit Day Two. I'm on Quit Day 7 and I can't believe it!!!!! So I remember very well my day two

I spent the day amazed I made it a whole 24 hours... then started thinking all I had to do is count down the hours that day to when I quit. It was 9:30 at night for me so every hour I would say 18 more... 15 more... it was a mind game but it worked. I made myself NOT think about any day beyond the day I was living. Focused on the hour... took my time with dishes, showering, stretched things out. I'm also using Chantix for support.

Let us know! Hugs!

0 Kudos
Grammy25

Thank you for the encouragement!

Congratulations on your continued quit!

I am having a tough time today but I will make it!

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

Keep going! You can do this. Every hour you add to your smobriety is important, so keep em coming.

0 Kudos
Grammy25

Thank you!

0 Kudos
done

NOPE 3208 days November 22th 2009 

Grammy25

Congratulations