cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Grammy25

Changing my quit date

I am sorry to say I guess I wasn’t as prepared as I thought! I found a open pack of cigarettes and smoked them!

I decided that my new quit date is tomorrow September 1 and this time I am sticking to it!

I want off of the nightly oxygen that I have been on for 3 months now and I will have a better chance of that if I totally quit smoking!

I will definitely be turning to all of you if I feel that I am going to fail again before lighting up!

Thank you for understanding 

35 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

Glad you are starting back immediately.  I would advise making a clean sweep of the house of all thing pertaining to smoking. 

Grammy25

Thank you

0 Kudos
karenjones

You 'found' a pack of cigarettes??????   Tell that to someone else.  you knew they were there.  I asked you last night, do you have cigarettes, a lighter, an ashtray, I suggested you  get rid of them .  and you didn't.  You didn't find the cigarettes, you knew they were there, you went right for them.  Now, I am going to ask you again, do you have any cigarettes in your house, ??? Any cigarette lighters?? any ashtrays??? GET RID OF THEM NOW> If you have them  you will use them.  You do know that right?  Get rid of those filthy cigarettes which are ruining your life.  See you tomorrow. Tough love. Tomorrow is another day.  Not one puff;  ever.

Grammy25

You didn’t have to get angry at me I knew I screwed up with the first puff of the day! No I didn’t know they were there when I went to bed!

Started the day off right this morning

elvan

Congratulations...starting a new month with a new commitment...you CAN do this.  You have a whole new plan and an entire community behind you.  

I am proud of you for starting THIS day off FREE.

Ellen

0 Kudos
Grammy25

Thank you

0 Kudos
karenjones

I am not angry at you.  But I didn't want to see you set  yourself up to relapse. Like me. I had quit for 4 days and found a longish but in my pocket of my coat. of course I smoked it, and then went out and bought a pack and smoked that and continued to smoke for another 3 months. Unhappy and depressed about what a loser I was all the time. I want you to avoid relapse. it only makes things harder.  And it is hard enough as it is.  Are you on any nicotine repalcement or champix or anything, or are you doing this cold turkey?  At any rate, you are doing the right thing for you and those who love you.  I am not going to lie, this is difficult. but you can do it. You can come out on the other side a healthier and better person. YOU CAN DO IT>

0 Kudos
Grammy25

Thank you for sharing! I am on the patch!

0 Kudos
SimplySheri

I just saw your post here and read with interest all the helpful support you are already receiving.  I can say without a doubt I also want you to succeed but in the end, it's you who has to decide what to do.  You can remain addicted or you can quit.  You can find reasons to continue to smoke or you can find reasons to remain smoke free.  It's all up to you.  We will always be supportive of you!  We will always encourage you!  But we can't quit for you.  It's up to you to break this cycle you're on.  You can do it, I know that.  Because I did and I'm not any more powerful or wise than you are  

Here is to your Day 1!!!  May you never have another  

Grammy25

Thank you !

I know what is important to me and my reason to quit! It shows how much willpower I have and my commitment to stay smoke free! I will do this