cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

myssi2

Came across a video

I have seen the cancerous pig lung and read lots of materials, none has gotten to me like this video. It is on my page if you wish to see it. I warn you ahead of time, do not watch it if you are skwemish (sp?). No there is no blood kind of stuff, but it is tragic.

I hope this will help not only me but others as well.
0 Kudos
16 Replies

think i will pass on the pig lung.

I wouldn't want to be scared into quitting when I can just wake up from the addcition and make the final choice to not smoke.
No luck, do it.

I started a club about people who approve their posts or block responses.

dale
0 Kudos
edith2

I think it is wonderful that you are sharing information you've found! You are an inspiration and a great example to others that we are always teachable! Especially at a time like this when there is a major change going on in our lives. Thank you for sharing this video.
0 Kudos
sherry18

I cryed my eyes out and thought of when I was 18 and my dad died from Cancer and I watched him deteariorate like the women in the video.... Thank you! For posting the video and making me think and feel this quit even harder!! Best of luck!
0 Kudos
colleen3

Wow, what a video! Unfortunately, these are exactly the types of videos necessary to get the message out there. It looked very familiar to me.
0 Kudos
jay

Myssi,
Thanks for the powerful video and the message. Keep to your quit date, girl, you won't regret it. I'm on day 4 of my quit, and I can already tell a big difference in the way I feel. I'll keep you and all my ex-buddies in my thoughts and prayers for a successful quit!!!!!!!!!!! Hang tough!!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
myssi2

Hi Dale,

Once I get the site figured out maybe I can find the clubs! LOL

I am glad "waking" up has worked for you. As for me, I have always used the stress excuse to start back again. Yeah, I know it is an excuse. The addiction has a strong hold on me, that's for sure. That is why I am doing this differently this time, so that I can break that stronghold and get passed stress without relapsing. I had a 6 month quit and had a REALLY bad situtian in my family and started back.

I am taking all the steps that I can to learn how to deal with such issues. Before I always just quit, sometimes cold turkey, sometimes with patch and I have tried Chantix, which was working for me, but had bad side effects.

Now I am taking Wellbutrin and will use the patch and have several support systems going to help me in time of crisis.

Thank you for your response and I look forward to chatting with you. 🙂
0 Kudos
myssi2

You are welcome Edith!

Thank you for the compliment. But I will feel like more of an inspiration once have conquered this battle myself. I am getting very excited for my quit date to get here. Sometimes I want to start before that time, but doing so in the past has led to failure, so I will do my exercises and wait until the 24th.

I look forward to chatting with you! 🙂
0 Kudos
barbara42

myssi,
read, look at vidio,s, blog, do what ever you have to do to beat this thing. my prayers will be with you peace!
0 Kudos
myssi2

And to me as well, with all the family deaths that I have had that are directly linked to smoking, I wanted to something to remind me. This video has definitely done that.
0 Kudos