cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ewalker0922

Becoming an EX

Jump to solution

Today is my first day and honestly, it is easier than I ever imagined. I think I can do this!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Carol6

@ewalker0922 Yeah we can't see your Quit Plan, it's private to you but anything you post here on the community is public, I believe. None of us can verify that you did it, it's just a suggestion as some people might not realize that the resource is there.

Sorry I don't come on the site every day and sometimes I forget for a week or so but when I come on I do try to check to see who hasn't gotten a reply and respond to them. I would have gotten to you but Mark got to you first. I think people here have been pretty good about keeping up with the posts with no reply so I think you should post wherever matches what you want to post about. I frankly get a bit nervous about posting a journal and don't quite feel comfortable embarking on that. Sorry you didn't get a quicker reply. It seems to me though that whether you post in journals or support or anywhere else it shows up on the home page equally. I have seen some Journals get posted without a response as well. Sorry again it happened. 

Hope all is well with your quit though.  The good thing now is that if you reply to this post, people will get notified and also it will show up on the home page as well. You're doing it, keep to it!

Carol
There is always someone who needs your attention on ex. Let's ensure everyone has someone supporting them.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ewalker0922 How are you doing? Please stop by and give an update on your progress.

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
ewalker0922

I am doing okay. Struggling, but resisting most of the time.

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@ewalker0922 Welcome to the Ex.  Sorry, it appears that we missed your post.  Did you put a plan in place for your quit?  I really helps to be prepared for the up and downs.     We're here for you, so reach out anytime you need support.

Barb

0 Kudos
ewalker0922

Yes,  I did put a plan in place and it should be in the website. I am sorry, but it seems like I am having trouble posting in this website and I have no idea why. I did input all of my information.

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@ewalker0922  Your plan you entered on the site is for you.  We wouldn't be able to see it.  That was just a general inquiry to see how your progressing with your quit.  If you post under Journal, more people will probably see your post.   Entries under Support get missed all too often.

We are here for you, so let us know how you're doing or if you need some support.

If you need help with the site, we'll try to help you.

Barb

0 Kudos
Carol6

@ewalker0922 Yeah we can't see your Quit Plan, it's private to you but anything you post here on the community is public, I believe. None of us can verify that you did it, it's just a suggestion as some people might not realize that the resource is there.

Sorry I don't come on the site every day and sometimes I forget for a week or so but when I come on I do try to check to see who hasn't gotten a reply and respond to them. I would have gotten to you but Mark got to you first. I think people here have been pretty good about keeping up with the posts with no reply so I think you should post wherever matches what you want to post about. I frankly get a bit nervous about posting a journal and don't quite feel comfortable embarking on that. Sorry you didn't get a quicker reply. It seems to me though that whether you post in journals or support or anywhere else it shows up on the home page equally. I have seen some Journals get posted without a response as well. Sorry again it happened. 

Hope all is well with your quit though.  The good thing now is that if you reply to this post, people will get notified and also it will show up on the home page as well. You're doing it, keep to it!

Carol
There is always someone who needs your attention on ex. Let's ensure everyone has someone supporting them.
0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@Carol6 Support only shows up under Support until someone responds to it and it moves to Recent Activity.  So you can't see everything under Support (can see latest topic and latest post).  unless you access that heading.  That's why some people get missed.

Barb

0 Kudos
Carol6

@Barbscloud wrote:

@Carol6 Support only shows up under Support until someone responds to it and it moves to Recent Activity.  So you can't see everything under Support (can see latest topic and latest post).  unless you access that heading.  That's why some people get missed.

Barb

Back from my walk. Apologies as this a bit off-topic. 

@Barbscloud In the below image you can see from the home page that new posts appear in 'Recent Activity' even for support. Journals aren't different in my opinion than support.  On the right side the 'latest post' box only appears to have journals posts. 

I just usually go to the home page and look at recent activity and look for posts without comments. There is a load more button at the bottom. Or there are two other links I use to find posts without a response but I can't remember where at the moment I saved those.

Carol6_0-1642019824217.png

Carol
0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@Carol6 You're here more than me so you probably know better.  I'm so glad that these Support messages don't get missed by you.   I'm glad you're responding to them all.  Did you respond to this one?

Barb

0 Kudos