cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

kimberly11

August 1st quitters :-)

Here we are on day 1. How's everybody doing????

I have yet to cheat but I am at a break time at work when I would go smoke. It is very hard to sit here right now. Focus..... you quit 3 minutes at a time. This is not my favorite 3 minutes 🙂

I would have smoke at least 5 by this time... 5 cigs that have not shortened my life!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
zeke

I am hanging in there too. Other than being quick tempered I am getting along okay.
0 Kudos
debby4

Hanging with y'all. Keep getting up to have a cig and sitting back down again lol. If only I didn't have to take the dog out..I'm not sure she ever had to go out that much---i took her when i smoked. Now, she has to beg me to go out 🙂
We'll weather this day together and arise tomorrow feeling so good about having made it 1 day 🙂 really we will!!!
0 Kudos
phoenix2

So far so good - I quit at 8:01 this morning.

Have a resistant time-trigger at 10 am... but since I had to cover a call for our helpdesk folks... it got me through that hour without thinking about it.

Time for lunch... and preparing for the afternoon challenge (boredom).
0 Kudos
debby4

boredom...that's the toughie...trying to fill our hands, minds, mouths, whatever without a cig. Read? Write? play games? that's all i can think of at the moment! hang in there...we'll do it!!
0 Kudos
phoenix2

yep - play games it is!

programmer buddy just gave me some promising links. When I get REALLY bored, I just go look at the current crop of beach real estate... starting with the highest priced... trying to convince myself that I'm doing research on my likes/dislikes in $$$$$$$$$ houses in case I ever hit the lottery.

LOL!!
0 Kudos
zeke

It's 6PM (CMT) and I am still smoke free. I know now I am gonna make the first day. I am still foul tempered which is way out of character for me. But, It will get better!! IT DAMN WELL BETTER!!! LOL
🙂
0 Kudos
linda-sickles

wow kimberly you have such a positive attitude.
0 Kudos
katie31

I am so proud of all of you Aug. 1st Quitters! Way to Go!
0 Kudos
mz-rece

Hello I know just how you feel, I go to work at 5 am and I didn't smoke on my way to work, didn't smoke at break or lunch, I home now, I just joined but I didn't smoke, I don't want to smoke, So I didn't buy any cigarettes and I going to pray for courage to change that things that I can. Bye 4 now
0 Kudos