cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

christined

my quit date is August 19th

Hi august Quitters - I am in a mild state of panic, as I have been doing the Trigger/ Separation Exercises for 3 weeks now, was doing very well I thought. Relapsed, started again and have just relapsed again.
I realize that what I am doing is rewarding myself with a cigarette after I have done a few trigger/separations - I say to myself "well, I've fought off 5 cravings I can have a cigarette now!!!" Also, in the great mind game I play with my addicted self - I think "well that's OK because I have until the 19th"........now quietly panicking, and like so many other people's posts that I read - feel pretty ashamed and worthless when I see the willpower that other people have, and think of the words of support I have received from so many beautiful beings on this site.
I am not a stupid person and have achieved a lot in my life, but this really is a Battle Royale...My good Self constantly fighting my Alter Ego- Queen of the Pity Party!
I wish us all well and know that as kind, good people we can be kind and good to ourselves - I just have to remember that...
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies