cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

debby4

Day 2 for the August 1st Quitters

how are we all doing? So far so good here. It happens to be a really crappy, rainy, ugly day here so it'll be a little easier to stay iinside (I only smoked outside) however, the lack of sun doesn't help my mood any. Trying to keep busy with chores but may end up napping. Thinking of you all and extending my support to those who are on this wondrous journey. The following really sums up my mood at the moment:

I'm Outta Bed
Graphics and Myspace Layouts at pYzam.com

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
zeke

I'm smoke free! Not the happiest camper at times but I'm doing this thang!
0 Kudos
marty5

Day 2: A little less tense than yesterday, but still not enjoying the occasional battles with the urges that come and go.
I have noticed my wife staying upstairs, trying to politely keep her distance.....ha! Actually, I try really hard not to be too doleful. She would just tell me to "straighten up" if I got too sour. I'm not cranky, but i'm not any fun at the moment either.
Hope everybody is still doing well with their "Quit". As I said in my blog earlier, it's the nighttime that challenges me most.
Hey, i'm NOT gonna cave......I'm committed to this thang!! Let's Do It!!!
0 Kudos
donna22

It sounds to me like you August 1st quitters are really kickin ash....keep up the good work, it honestly does get better...

Oh I had to join August quitters to leave you this message, but I'm reallly a june quitter

I'll be checking with you all tomorrow...have a good evening.
0 Kudos
missy8

i just got onto the community part of this website, but i initially signed up a couple weeks ago. my quit date is rapidly approaching and i am proud to say i have not bought a pack in 4 weeks, and only caved a few times in nearly 5 weeks. I only smoked when i drank, but i think the hardest part is going to be hanging around my friends that still smoke, which is a surprise because i was sure it would only be drinking! i'm not sure i can necessarily distance myself from them seeing they are my friends, so i'm not sure how to handle it. i think the support from all of you will be a welcome addition to those who are already backing me, and i thank you in advance and wish you all luck as well. it's definitely a good thing we are doing, i wish i could convince others i care about to do it with me!
0 Kudos
neublaze

Just joined today is my first day! I'm glad to see people have made it to day two already!!!! Does it get easier with each day> I Hate to say it but I've never made it past day one. I'm hoping this is the time I finally beat it!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
phoenix2

Hey Debbie - I've now got 3 days under my belt.

Brain buzz diminished a lot on the 2nd day... and today is better. But, I've also met & faced (not well, I'm afraid) one of my biggest emotional triggers... and I think it will no longer be a problem.

Hanging in so far... hubby is being VERY supportive...
0 Kudos
debby4

Super...we are on a roll here methinks!!! That's great about hubby...mine too. He was away all weekend (probably smart) and has been most supportive since he got home yesterday. Today is day 4!!!! We all rock 🙂 keep on keeping on gang.
0 Kudos
debby4

Okay, you quit today HOORAY! You've posted here--good work (means you can type, think) And you found this site--become and EX! Use it! It is so helpful. Lots of support, tons of ideas and helpful hints...find what works for you cuz this is the most important decision you have ever made. Kick Ash!!
0 Kudos
phoenix2

Hey Toni - I had to wait until later in the day to quit... always sabotaged myself when I expected too much from all those years of breakfast: coffee & cigs.

So if it gets too hard and you start over again tomorrow or the next couple days, think about waiting until 9 or 10 am... to begin your quit.

Worked for me...
0 Kudos