cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

nonsgm

Allen Carr

Has anyone tried an Allen Carr session ? My thoughts are that if it really works as well as they say it does why isn't everyone doing it instead of stuggling along in misery with willpower for months and years ? The only negative that I could find that it doesn't work well if your a lot of phyical pain or have stomach issues since it is your second brain II do believe it is a journey and there is No easy way but though but maybe I'm wrong  I have read the book at least 10 times and I keep not getting it for some reason  They have said you really need to take the session because it has the best outcome for quitting   Loving the people and all the different shares on this site 

0 Kudos
20 Replies
elvan

I read the book over a week after I quit...I will admit to getting a couple of things from it but the title is misleading.  There is no easy way...oh, by the way, I also took a course called "Smoke Stoppers" years ago and I have that lovely certificate sitting in a folder in my closet.  I went through a hypnosis course that was supposed to combine smoking cessation, stress relief, and overeating.  I did not try acupuncture.  I tried cold turkey which I prefer to call "Smart" turkey thanks to SkyGirl‌.  The bottom line is that this is a journey that requires commitment and a willingness to change and to learn to deal with life on life's terms.  We HAVE to remember that we are ALWAYS going to have good days and bad days...no matter what.  Smoking does not help anything, it does nothing FOR us but I am one of many poster examples of what it can do TO us.

Best,

Ellen