cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

nancympearson

Cold Turkey Quitters

Ann, I didn't do the tracking. I just quit. I think they help but I wanted to quit when my courage allowed me to quit. If it feels right for you, do the tracking. It might get you to relax and get you used to quitting and it can take some of the fear away. It sure wouldn't hurt to do it. Stay close to this site and focus on the positive. Nancy

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
647 Replies
leon

Hello, I quit cold turkey, and this is my 30th day off the nicotine. I still think about smoking everyday, thats why im on this site. reading peoples comments to give me strength. my brain tells me I should smoke so i have something in common with my partner, it says ill feel better if i smoke, work harder, be smarter, Junkie thinking.

I smoked for 24 years, i can feel the monster dying inside, but some days he feels stronger than others, the physical craving has gone. but the mental ones have not.
  One day at a time, i don't want to smoke again.
  thanks for listening to my waffle. Leon x
0 Kudos
kim62

I quit 19 days ago. I feel the same way that Leon does.
0 Kudos
Sylvia_Deitz

Hi Sunshine Smiles, Well, it's Feb. 1, so is today your 3rd day smoke free? It's hard cold turkey, but that's the only way I know. I never tried anything else. All I can say is it works. Just be completely determined to do it and be prepared with all the knowledge you can muster from this site & WhyQuit.com and you'll make it like I did. It's really important to stay away from other smokers for the first couple of weeks!
0 Kudos
jodi8

HELLO AND WELCOME LEON.KIM,
  It has been 1 month and 5 days for me. VERY HARD!!! Leon I did like your discription regarding the monster that about does it for me the MONSTER IT IS!!!
  NOT FUNNY THAT HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD!!! I have tried everything and in the end cold turkey always worked out for me. I have stopped for many years and then always went back can't understand why. I do hope this is the end for me. Everyday at a time. There are days I cannot even get through but I have not touched one since 12/27. All the very best to you please stop by once in a while it keeps up moral
0 Kudos
Sylvia_Deitz

Hi Brian... I see you just joined this group. Welcome! Please leave a comment & tell us a little about yourself. Have you already quit or just thinking about it? Good luck to you!
0 Kudos
teresa9

I got up yesterday, after thinking about quiting for sometime, I had two cigs, threw the rest of the pack away and I am done.
0 Kudos
Sylvia_Deitz

Well, good for you, Teresa! Feb. 1st. That's a good way to start of the month and the rest of your life. Spend time reading as much as you can. Knowledge is the key. It will make you realize just how bad of an addiction cigarettes are and give you ways to deal with the triggers, so stay on here and go to WhyQuit.com. Watch some videos there. They really are inspiring.
0 Kudos
ellen5

Hang in there Teresa. Before you know it, smoking will be a distant memory!
0 Kudos
teresa9

Thanks Sylvia. I am s sick of smoking. My kids hate it and have been asking me to stop for some time. I know each day that passes the less likely I will be to go back. I am so glad to have found this site. I have not ever had this type of support before.
0 Kudos
teresa9

This is day 4. Lve the support here! Thanks for the compliment Peter. Thanks for the confidene and encouragment all.
0 Kudos