cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

lois2

Chantix-ers

Jennifer, you go girl, be tuff, tell the nic-demon to go to hello, i did a lot of self talk,glad to here Chrissy, Spunkie are feeling better,hugs
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
618 Replies
lois2

brooke i hope yor are doing better, maybe it is the chantix i cry for no reason some time, it is a big help to me , i am going off of then in a few days , the dreams are crazy , weird but they will go away,  i don't want to go back to smoking, so i will be strong,

0 Kudos
cadams3660

Indy32,

Hi.  I am on a drug called wellbutrin it is another drug like chantix.  I did chantic and experienced wild dreams and also a popping sound in my head.  it was way to strange fo me.  so my doctor said wellbutrin may do the trick.  So far I have had no side effects except dry mouth.  I cure that with water.  anyway I feel much better on this and have been cig free for 12 days and I still want to smoke but it's eaiser to redirect my mind to something elest while the craving goes away.  I have smoked for over 30 years so i really thought I would never stop.  but there is help and hope out there. LLL Cathie

0 Kudos
lois13

i am off of chantix, right now i am ok, hang in there

0 Kudos
lois13

i am smoke free, hip hip horay

0 Kudos
todd22

I've been on Chantix for almost 2 months now and have been an EX for about a month. Like everyone else, I have battled the side effects of the meds but have (thankfully) been able to keep focused on the goal. I am thinking about going off of the meds mostly because of the side effects, despite having the occasional thoughts of smoking. Would any of you that have come off of Chantix share your experiences? Why did you decide to stop taking the meds, how you stopped (step-down or cold-turkey) and any symptoms of withdraw? 

0 Kudos
lois13

Todd i am LOIS this last time i was on chantix only a month, i go off of it and i have no trouble, i do go from 2 a day to 1 a day fo about 3 days, i went off of it because it made me sick at my stomach, i am at 46 days smoke free,

0 Kudos
allan2

i am off of chantix, right now

0 Kudos
cls030811

I started Chantix (again) on Feb 28, 2011. On March 8, 2011 I put out my last cigarette. So far i am doing really good. At first I felt sick in the stomach, but that has past. I dont feel foggy & disoriented like I did the first time I tried Chantx. This time I feel "normal'. After 3 days, I have not had any serious cravings to smoke. Even being on the computer hasnt been hard.( That was one of my worst triggers to smoke!) I'm confident right now that this time I will stay quit!

0 Kudos
darlene30

I started Chantix in Nov. I quit smoking for nearly 4 months that slowly started back. While I was on the Chantix I was fine after about 2 months. I stayed on it a few more weeks & was fine until I had a fibromaliga attack about 6 weeks ago & my mind told me that a cigarette would cure that pain. I have slowly started back smoking & am up to about a pack a day. I smoke a different type of my regular brand to keep from getting that same relief that my regular brand gave me. I want to get back on the Chantix but can't afford it (but I can cigarette's), any advise?

0 Kudos
tonyta

I don't like chantix

0 Kudos