cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

lois2

Chantix-ers

Jennifer, you go girl, be tuff, tell the nic-demon to go to hello, i did a lot of self talk,glad to here Chrissy, Spunkie are feeling better,hugs
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
618 Replies
jeanie4

Well my ins. will finally pay for my Chantix after 2 pre-auths from my doc.  Am starting it this morning and I'm going to have my  quit date next Saturday, 2/27/10.  I have the day planned to be in non-smoking environments.

As you know this is quit #4 for me and I REALLY want to do it this time!

0 Kudos
lois2

good luck to you all , hope to get my chantix this week,

0 Kudos
lisam2

Started my chantix today.  I am so glad to see there are other users on here who are alittle ahead of me.  My quit day is 2/28.  I have to disinfect my home so there will be no signs of cigarettes or  smells.  My mother in law is coming to stay for a few weeks and she is on 24 hours oxygen.  I am getting alittle frustrated at myself I guess when you are just writing you can get it all out and not be such a mess outside.   Because I think the hardest thing to say to yourself is you been stupid.  I feel dumb its like letting go of a friend who has been there for a loonnng time.  I am working this thing as a break up because I don't want the friend that is stabbing me slowing in the back anymore leaving everything that hurts me and I actually pay for it.  I want to breathe and take everything back that these cigarettes have taken from me starting off with my air.

Good luck all I will be here alot in the next few weeks especially so i don't start screaming on my family.  Im praying this chantix will work.

God bless all= Lisa

0 Kudos
pojo

i JUST JOINED TODAY (THANKS TO PATRICK FOR TELLING ME THERE IS A "JOIN GROUP" BUTTON--DUH-DO I FEEL STUPID OR WHAT?  HAD TO SCROLL OVER AND SURE ENUF-THERE IT WAS!  WELL, I'VE BEEN TAKING CHANTIX SINCE 12/26/09 AND QUIT 1/2/10--WHAT A GREAT LITTLE BLUE PILL!  I HAVEN'T HAD ANY WEIRD DREAMS OR ANY OF THE USUAL SIDE EFFECTS-I JUST LOVE THIS DRUG-IT CONTINUES TO MAKE ME STRONG ABOUT QUITTIN AND STAYING THAT WAY.  I ALWAYS TAKE IT AFTER I EAT AND THE ONLY TIME IT UPSET MY STOMACH WAS WHEN I INCREASED THE DOSE BUT THAT WENT AWAY......THE NIGHT BEFORE I QUIT I HAVE TO SAY I DID PREPARE BY THROWING AWAY EVERY SINGLE CIG I HAD IN THE GARBAGE AND TAKING THE GARBAGE OUT TO THE CURB-EVEN IN THE CAR--CHECKED ALL POCKETS IN ALL MY COATS AND CHECKED MY PURSES TOO!  I KNEW IF I "ACCIDENTLY" LEFT EVEN 1 CIG BEHIND-IT'D SCREW ME UP....SO I AM SOOO HAPPY TO SAY-TOMORROW WILL BE DAY 52 AND I HAVEN'T HAD ONE SINGLE PUFF!  I FEEL GREAT!  WORKED OUT IN MY YARD ALL WEEKEND (I LIVE IN WASHINGTON STATE) AND BELIEVE IT OR NOT-IT WAS 58 DEGREES ALL WEEKEND-BLUE SKIES, SUNNY AND BEAUTIFUL!  DAFFODILS ARE ALREADY STARTING TO BLOOM AND CROCUSES TOO!  MY BODY IS SORE BUT MY SOUL IS SMILIN!  TAKE CARE TO YOU ALL AND STAY STRONG (I GOT THAT FROM PATRICK):)

0 Kudos
Yaya2.6.10

I've got a question for all of you out there.  I'm into week 4 on the drug and still have digestive troubles and am jumpy.  I do sleep better and am eating more, but not gaining weight.  I noted in one of the blogs that someone on Wellbutrin was having side effects and cut dosage in half.  She felt better and it didn't affect her Quit.  I weigh 105 pounds and wonder if I should have same dosage as someone who carries twice that amount.  I will check with my doc and maybe pharmacist before making a change, but wonder if anyone else has the problem.
0 Kudos
lois2

i will get my chantix tomorrow, than i will set a quit date, i will take 1 day at a time, these sites are great support,

0 Kudos
kakesh

Hi

Who knows is it hard to get prescription for chantix?? I do not have my own doctor, health insurance, and do not have any information on me in any health database in US.  And do not have any problrms with health , not allegic to anything (as far as i know).  How much do you think doctor will charge for prescription for chantix?  (regular visit to doctor in my area $100).  Is it require any additional tests or something like this?  If there any doctor who can help me get prescription in Brooklyn, NY ?

0 Kudos
walleye

I would think any doc anywhere would write you a script for chantix.they always say you should quit.The problem is paying for it.If you dont have insurance,it is not cheap

0 Kudos
Yaya2.6.10

I figure that the cost of the Chantix is the same as the cost of the cigarettes.  In certain states the drug is probably cheaper.  The point is it works for most of us and we are worth it.
0 Kudos
kakesh

Just got mine.  Doctor was $70 + CHANTIX $119.00 (and  $159.00  -$30 doctor gave some discount card).  Total $190 or 19 packs of cigarettes or 19 days of smoking. So if I will stay free of smocking for 19 days i'll come to ZERO. 🙂  Hope is going to be better than gum  or pastches  🙂   After one week of smocking+chantix  is it still any cravings for cigarettes?

0 Kudos