cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

lois2

Chantix-ers

Jennifer, you go girl, be tuff, tell the nic-demon to go to hello, i did a lot of self talk,glad to here Chrissy, Spunkie are feeling better,hugs
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
618 Replies
cynde-63

HOOOOAAHHHH 4 DAYS!,

not much but after i posted the last time i just said to myself this is it and i made it thru the weekend! sooooo when does it get easier and how long does it take for the nicotine to be out of my system? also im tired ALL THE TIME!

so plz let me know...thanks

0 Kudos
Rick_M

Hang on everyone, you can quit. I started Chantix last Mar and quit in Apr.

Be patient, it take some time but it does get easier.

Everyday you do not smoke you will ger stronger

0 Kudos
Yaya2.6.10

I just found this group.  I've been on Chantix for a week and 2 days - that means yesterday was Quit Day.  I'm following the rules exactly of eating, taking pill and 8 oz of water.  Stomach was slightly queasy in daytime, but that is better now.  Nights are hard as I get up often to pee which I've never done before and then realize tummy is queasy and its hard to get back to sleep and the dreams are so weird that the sleep doesn't seem to be the good kind.  I don't think I could do this without the Chantix and it helps to know that others are having the same troubles.  Let me know if there is any advice.  I do find that a slight nibble calms things down.  I also realized yesterday that getting hungry makes me real jumpy.  I didn't want to smoke - just wanted real food rather than the hard candy in my purse.
0 Kudos
walleye

yaya,stick with it!I am in my 3rd week and all I can tell you is,it Will get better.I was a 2 pack a day smoker & that was when I was not at a bar.If I went out it was 3or 4 packs.I did this for 35years! What an IDIOT I was! This is the 6th time trying to quit but it was different this time.I feel like I really want to quit and that has helped alot.As far as the dreams go I love them.I could not have done this without chantix.Good Luck yaya!!

0 Kudos
Yaya2.6.10

Still either queasy of eating.  Yesterday I also had to take Actonel which does bad things to my digestive system.  I spent a lot of the day in the bathroom and mostly felt crappy, but so bad I didn't consider a cigarette.  Today I feel great - its Day 4 of the quit
0 Kudos
lois2

good job ,yaya, walleye, everybody  i am still waiting on my chantix, stay strong

0 Kudos
jeanie4

Hi, I'm Jeanie.  I've been trying to quit for the last year. I made a promise to myself that I would quit when I'm 50y.o. and my 51st birthday is coming up in 31/2 months.  I'm going to try Chantix this time.  I've tried it before and on Day 19 could not stop crying.  I've learned that that can just be part of the withdrawal, not specifically Chantix.

I'm going on Chantix as soon as my insurance approves it, which should be in about a week.  In the meantime I've cut down from 30 cigs to 13 cigs/day.   I'm also working a behavior program and getting my support system in place.

The regular blogs on this site scares me.  It sounds like it is soooo hard to quit.  I have willpower, but the addiction had a tight grip on me.  Hoping this group will help me stay QUIT FOR LIFE!

0 Kudos
lois2

good luck Jennie

0 Kudos
delighted

Hi, I've just joined this community and am now a member of this group. Thanks to yaya for pointing me in the right direction to find ya'll 😉

I quit on Monday 2/8/2010. I have been on Chantix since 1/23/2010. I kept waiting for it to take away the pleasure I got from smoking, but for me, that never came. So, I just put the cigarettes down on my quit date anyway. I definitely credit the Chantix for making this process a lot easier.

Question for those members that are off the Chantix: How long have you been off of it and what has your ex-smoker experience been like since then?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
patrick-marsh

been on chantix for about 12 weeks now and it does get better! get some stange dreams but as a old man told me rider out boy! so hang in there !! stay strong

0 Kudos