cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

jadesrfun

smoking

Hello Im trying to quit smoking, any ideas and I just recently quit alcohol so any ideas are welcome!!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ashlynnrose09

Hey, welcome! Congrats on the quitting alcohol and taking the first step to quitting smoking! They go hand in hand with eachother, so now would be a great time to quit smoking in my opinion! My first suggestion would be to stick to this site. Seriously, keep coming back like your life depends on it because, in a roundabout way, it does! The support you get here is amazing and helps out immensely! What has been working for me is playing this "game" with myself... I see how long I can go without a cigarette just to see (it's part of the "game", you see), then after the first day or 2, it became a game of "how many days can I keep this up...?" So far, I'm at a week today! I personally believe in nicotine replacement therapy, but a lot of people would disagree. I've been using my electronic cigarette. At first, I used it a lot but now I'm down to only a few times a day and a really low dose of nicotine. My plan is to be down to zero nicotine by the end of next week. It all depends on what's right for you. All you need to do is not give up and keep coming back here!! 🙂 We can do this!! 

0 Kudos
jojo_2-24-11

Hi and Welcome to the site. It looks as TxLady gave you the homework, now you have to do it. I personally examined all my fellow associates that were non-smokers and I knew that I could quit. You don't need to smoke to live but you need to breath to live and smoking will eventually seize that. It's a wonderful thing living life smoke-free. I feel that I smoked for 40 years and now I want to be smoke-free for the next 40. Stick around and meet the other exers that are here regularly. There is alot of support here for quitters. Stick around!

0 Kudos