Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

olddude51

Sick and tired of being sick and tired

• 51 years old

addicted to the nic since 14.

Quit cigarettes 8 years ago and went to ecigs.

well, that was dumb.

here I go again trying to put an end to the madness but this is my first support group.

Quit day in 2 days.

live in the mountains of East Tennessee and when I go deer hunting, I get winded walks by the hills.

with all the government overreach, why can’t they just outlaw stuff with nicotine in them.

thanks y’all 

Labels (1)
20 Replies
olddude51

Thanks everyone for the tips.

addiction sucks but I’m gonna win this time.

moved here from Chicago last year.

my dream was always to live in  small house in the woods and even though I accomplished my life long goal, I still do dumb things like vaping.

and beat my self up over it.

starting Monday, a new leaf.

Barbscloud

@olddude51 How exciting that you fulfilled your life long dream.  What a change from Chicago!

Don't feel dumb.  It's an addiction and it's not easy to overcome.  But I know you can do it.

Barb

Maki

I’ve literally kinda had that same kinda dream but I have not found my cabin in the woods lol . I could describe what it looked like for years but have never come across it lol . Good for you for making your dream come true . Like @Barbscloud  said , what a change and quitting will be like that too , adapting to change. You have done it with your move , you will do it too with your quit .

We all do dumb things @olddude51 , ha , I did a dumb thing just today , and before today it was just last week .We have to give ourselves a little forgiveness some times for the things we do .  We are not perfect . Most of us never quit this addiction because we did it perfectly the first time either and very very few have although not impossible .  It took making some mistakes myself along the way . Altho I didn’t fall for some of addictions tricks like vaping for example , I did fall for others  like “ just one” so if you hear that , don’t do it ok .

I truly believe @olddude51 that is this place where you will find another dream come true . 

Keep us in the loop Monday we will be here . 

olddude51

Will do.

off Monday and Tuesday so I’ll have a good head start

Maki

The quit still on for today @olddude51 ?

0 Kudos
olddude51

Yup

its on!

Took the last puff last night, went to bed.

ain’t gonna lie. I put a nicotine patch on. Ran to the grocery store and auto parts store in town. I saw all the old places I would buy my Vuse and I ain’t gonna lie.

Almost gave in. Called myself some bad names for giving in, took a deep breath and drove past.

Did go for a 20 minute walk down the road today. That was cool

Barbscloud

@olddude51  Congrats on your first day.  You got this!

Barb

Maki

Put the anger where it belongs ..  at addiction , not you , you can congratulate yourself for not giving in ,for going for a walk ,  for remembering to put a patch on , and for choosing to drive past those places you used to buy your poison . I will congrats you along with @Barbscloud and her congrats .  Keep coming back . Feel free to start another journal entry too if you need to ok . You can do this .. 

biscuit9

@olddude51   One moment at a time, one day at a time.  Think differently, smell differently, but don't allow it to rule your life anymore.  It has taken enough of you and has never given anything back.  

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Glad to hear you are sticking with your plan on day 1, let us know how things go. 🙂

The walk was a great idea!

~Margaret, EX Community Admin Team

EX Community Admin Team