cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

Nicole1414

I would like to hear what you noticed after quitting vaping.

I would really like to hear the positive outcomes of quitting please. Health? Face? Teeth? Anything that improved for you that you were surprised about?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Barbscloud

@Nicole1414 Welcome to the Ex and congrats on your quit. No matter the source, nicotine is an addictive chemical so  it can be hard to quit. From what I'm reading, it sounds like it's more about eliminating nicotine from your body, not really the source.  Hopefully a vaper with chime in, but it appears vaping effects you lung, heart, teeth, skin, etc. like smoking does.

Being a long time smoker, I don't expect much difference in my skin or teeth for example.  The damage is done.  But I hope quitting improves my heart. lungs, circulation, various cancers risks,  etc. 

The same principles to quit smoking will apply to your quit. It's important to educate yourself about nicotine and have a quit plan. Knowledge and preparation have been made quitting possible for many of us. I never did neither in the past and I was never successful. I was planning my quit this time and found the Ex a week before my quit date. I finally learned how to quit and how important support from other quitters can be. Read lots of material on the site. This link is a great place to start.

Quitting Guides

Believe in yourself that you can do it. Approaching your quit one day at a time helps to alleviate much of the anxiety we experience when we think about quitting.

We're here to support you so reach out anytime you need help, want to share your experience, and to support other quitters.

Stay busy and stay close.

Barb