cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

NBC60

Driving and Smoking

Jump to solution

Does anyone else have a problem with needing a cigarette while driving. Seems to be the only way I stay awake and alert enough to drive so that’s my biggest fear when I totally quit not having one while driving and not staying awake and alert 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Barbscloud

@NBC60 Welcome to the Ex.  When we smoke, I think we need a cigarette with every activity and event in our lives.  Driving is no different.   It took me 50 years to quit, but quitting in my car years before when I bought  new car really helped.  I knew I could smoke before and after my destination. Give it a try before you quit and you'll have one trigger out of the way.

Barb

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Barbscloud

@NBC60 Welcome to the Ex.  When we smoke, I think we need a cigarette with every activity and event in our lives.  Driving is no different.   It took me 50 years to quit, but quitting in my car years before when I bought  new car really helped.  I knew I could smoke before and after my destination. Give it a try before you quit and you'll have one trigger out of the way.

Barb

biscuit9

Instead of a cig, use a hard candy, twizzler, mints, straw, etc.  or drink something with caffeine in it.  Don't fall asleep at the wheel!

0 Kudos