cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
indnprincess

What are some of your healthy habits??

I tried out the fitness app that was recommended on my morning walk. Very cool!

As a distraction from keeping all my focus on not smoking I have added some other healthy habits:

1.) Lemon in warm water as soon as I get up

2.) Take probiotics everyday

3.) 5 fruitsveggies per day

4.) Drink 8 - 8oz glasses of water

5.) Yoga 3 times per week and Cardio/Strength 3 times per week.

I'm making a chart and putting a star by each one I accomplish that day.

What are some of your healthy habits??

Lisa

Tags (1)
30 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

I was reading up on that just yesterday.  I was Googling to see if my coffee could count as water.  Research says the caffeine in coffee dehydrates because it is a diuretic and a minus effect.  I was a disappointed.  Oh well. 

0 Kudos
GyorgyiM

Keeping our "Habits" in perspective......

27973221_354028601741643_556996423028052450_n.jpg 960×958 pixels

0 Kudos
Melisacrow95

Please forgive me not good with joining these groups or responding on them, but I am giving it an effort. Could use help or advice on where to begin with joining groups and having a support team.

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@Melisacrow95 Sorry your post has gotten unnoticed.  You added on to an old post that  got missed by the community.  But that's not a  problem.  Please consider posting on the home page under My Journal/Post to introduce yourself to the community and get the some well deserved support. This is also my first time at ever joining a group like this.  The support here is amazing to help with your quit.

So, welcome and congrats on your decision to quit.  I see you have a quit date of 3-11.  I'm a March quitter also and will be celebrating 5 years on the 13th.  

Educate yourself about nicotine addiction and create a quit plan.  Many have found success with knowledge and preparation.   It took me 50 years and many attempts to finally get it. I went into my quits blindly and was never successful.  In addiction to some aids, I found the Ex a week prior to my quit.  For the first time I learned how to quit and had the support that was always lacking.

This link is a great lace to start. Learn how to identify your triggers, the tools you'll use, creating new associations instead of smoking, etc. 

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

Make the commitment and you can do this too.  We're here to support you on your journey.  So reach out anytime you need help, want to share your experience or to support fellow quitters. We're all in this together.

Start your day by taking the Daily Pledge.  It's a great way to stay on track on day at a time.

Look forward to celebrating with you on the 11th.

Stay busy and stay close.

If I can help you with navigating the system let me know.  

Barb

0 Kudos
Melisacrow95

Thank you! This program looks amazing, I am truly looking forward to continue using the program moving forward. 

Melisacrow95

I honestly have no no healthy habits. I am currently trying to start with drinking more water on a daily basis and start exercising for 30 minutes a day.  I'm hoping to use what some of the other people in here do to build my healthy habits, lol.

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

0 Kudos
tango77

@Melisacrow95 
My healthy habits took YEARS to actually become habits (and I am determined for this quit to become one of them!).  Some of them include:
- Regular walks with my dog
- Pilates exercise 3-4 times a week
- buying organic food whenever possible
- practicing mindfulness (an app has to keep me honest in this regard)
- Making my own chemical free household cleaning supplies (pandemic activity that stuck)

Good luck on your quit.  Let's do this together 🙂

0 Kudos
ronibeach

I have already been doing a whey protein fruit smoothie in the morning, eat mostly veggies and protein at lunch, workout 4-5 days/week and do stretches/yoga, meditate twice daily, and do a chillax soak at least once/week. I feel like I'm good on the healthy habits front, but needing something more (and hopefully fun) for those hard craving times and as an atta-girl when I am doing good. Any suggestions? 

tango77

@ronibeach - congrats on your quit and your diet/exercise plan (I'm jealous!)!  I was JUST looking at smoothie recipes before seeing your post!

I'm only 13 days in, but so far this has worked for me:
- coming to this site (takes my mind right off and provides ideas.  I find it fun, too!)
- breathing exercises and self talk "I don't do this anymore"
- throw on a favorite song and dance by myself in the living room
- distract, distract and distract some more!

Definitely see @YoungAtHeart's 101 Things to do Instead of Smoke  (since "fun" is a bit subjective 😃-  take a pick!).  

Every day does get easier with those cravings - community members with quit dates years back on this site with YEARS under their belts aren't lying about that 😁.  We've got this!