cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18,112 Replies
Sootie

My day also started early with my "darling dogs" knocking over my flowers which have been on my back deck stairs all summer................all of a sudden....they can't see??? So I did some "bending exercises" while I tried to put things right again. They are JUST LUCKY it is summer's end here. Frost will soon get the flowers anyway......it was 42 here on Monday morning.

After cleaning up the flower disaster, I went for my walk/run which is about two miles. I vary.....5 minutes running...10 minutes walking and I do about 30 minutes......I THINK it's two miles...but I never actually measured. I know time...not distance.

I did my other 30 minutes on weights tonight as I had no time this morning (due to flowers).

I am giving this one more week and then I am going to add some time to my walk/run......as I said, I need to step it up.

Hope everyone had a good day.

Mandolinrain

I started P90x again....someone please just shoot me and put me out of my misery , lol

tjanddj

I did move that is all I can claim that I did. On my foot to long today walking through the parking lot and grocery shopping. You would think I would park next to a disabled parking spot but no I still have to park at the far end. It's a good habit to have but I think there is time that may not be the wisest thing to do.  All is well now. I did do some core exercise standing on one leg in the kitchen as I making my dinner. Prayer and study time. Happy moving you all!

Trudy

Giulia

Kudos exercisers!  I did my normal (not extra) bike ride - about 8 miles.  Unbelievable humidity, in the 80s, but it didn't seem that hot but just dripped the entire way.  I thought about you all as I plodded through.  Wasn't as pleasant as it has been.  Can't WAIT for cooler weather to come in.  Can I come stay for a week, Sootie?

Had never heard of p90x so I watched a couple of videos.  ARE YOU KIDDING ME???!!!!   Good for you, Missy!  Is there an old folks version of it?  

I like your idea, Trudy of incorporating core exercises while preparing dinner.  

Hoola hoop.  Last time I tried it (can't remember where) I couldn't believe how hard it was.  Ah youth.  Definitely easier on the body than jumping rope though, I would think.  Ya'll done good.  Pat yourselves on the back!

JACKIE1-25-15

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

Okay, well me re-phrase that.....I got everything set up to begin P90x yesterday but today was my actual Day one. First I walked Nico for 2 miles then came home and did Chest/back  workout of P90x. I had to modify so much because I was alot younger when I did it before but the results were amazing So I lived. haha

I feel pretty good, all said and done. Decided to cut out coffee right now also.  I actually like tea better, so am going back to that. I always drink alot of water so its all good. Sun is out....Im headed to shower then work soon.

Another AWESOME Video by Jason Marz is "93 Miles'. Feel good music gets me going in the morning  I highly recommend it