cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18,118 Replies
Giulia

Thanks for the kudos, my friends, it DOES help keep one motivated!

Christine13‌  I was in Winnipeg when it was 25 below.  I KNOW what that feels like.  It's amazing.  All the little hairs in your nose freeze instantly on your first inhale.  It's stunning!  An experience like none other!  You better get that outside walking in while you can!

Sootie‌  kids - definitely a day's worth of calorie burning exercise!

tjanddj‌ whole body workout -  good for you!  

YoungAtHeart  Going up and down stairs on crutches is a real focusing experience!  We have 14 of them and I did them after my last achilles operation.  (Well, only had to go up 4 to get in the house.  Waited 'til I was off the drugs to brave the 14 up to the bedroom.  Had a hospital bed set up in the family room prior. Not an idiot!)  I have no doubt you'll master it, Nancy.  You can master ANYTHING you put your mind and heart to!  A domani 

JACKIE1-25-15

JACKIE1-25-15

\

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS DAY!

My To-Do List

WORK YARD, FLOWER BEDS AND GARDEN. 

WILL CLEAN & RIDE MY BICYCLE FOR FUN.

TREADMILL 20-30 min

SEE YOU LATER

HAVE A GOOD ONE. 

PrimeNumberJD

You all are so motivating; I feel bad on days when I don't get stuff done. After Monday's 5 mile run, I experienced pain in my shoulder (abnormal, obviously muscular, no reason for it). Wednesday I pushed for 3, but with not being able to lift my arm far, and the pain, it was very uncomfortable. Today, I woke up without pain; there is still an underlying issue, but it is getting better. 

Today, with TriGirl‌ in mind, I decided to run what I ran all week, 8 miles. Pace still old man, but less than Monday and Wednesdays run at 9:46 average! I ended my run at my son's baseball game, they won! 

1568475009219.jpg

Sootie

Congrats to your son and his team and 8 miles is 8 miles even if you CRAWL it!! Be proud!

JACKIE1-25-15

WTG!!!! You are doing better than Great ...EXcellent by Sexy Exer's standard./  Got to go. 

Giulia

You're a winner in my book, Jon!

Sootie

So my day was really a lot of step climbing as I put away my spring/summer stuff and got out my Fall stuff!  Up and down the stairs about 10 times lugging boxes and bags. Also walked this morning. Now doing laundry.......more up and down stairs! I don't think I did Jon's 8 miles but it feels like it!!!

tjanddj

Good workout! I like stair workouts.

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

I was superwoman today. Too EXhausted to talk about it. 222 minutes active. 15k steps. for 6.5 miles 2600 calories burned. I ate two hot dogs. A rarity.  Ball Park Beef.  I haven't been missing much.   Goodnight. I hope I am able to walk tomorrow.