cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18,180 Replies
indingrl

GO Jackie go good job! I moved my body today and am very glad too!

RainbowHeart

Well, somehow I pulled a hamstring yesterday so no long walks for me for awhile. Gentle stretching is about the most I can do. Have been icing and elevating but boy is that boring. Luckily I have a big stack of library books to keep me occupied. 

I hope everyone has a good moving day and don't forget to stretch  ❤️

indingrl

Awe I hope you have a good n.o.p.e. reading 📚 day!

Sootie

@RainbowHeart  Did you see a doctor for your sprain/strain? I pulled a ham string muscle back in October (almost a year ago now). Went to my PCP and then on to orthopedic.......was really getting frustrated because no one would actually do a scan or anything to diagnose---kept telling them it happened while I was out running with the dog.....they kept saying arthritis!!!! I suspect because they saw how old I was!!

Finally went to a sports medicine doctor....I was somewhat discouraged when he walked in because he looked about 16 years old but WOW!!! He was great......listened (really listened) said....oh you pulled a ham string. I know that sounds too simple for all this time you've been in pain...but that's what it is. Sent me to PT....they gave me GREAT exercises, told me by all means to to keep moving but walk no running for awhile. Ice as much as I could given work etc. After two months of pain....it took about two weeks for me to be back to myself.......I was really so happy. Thought I had screwed up my leg for good.  I still do those exercises every day faithfully. By now, I feel like I am even better than before I injured my leg. Stretching is everything it's said to be.

Hope you are feeling better soon but if you don't.....try sports medicine. I find they are more "forward thinking" than other doctors.

RainbowHeart

I've had this injury before @Sootie , so I haven't seen a doc for it this time. If it doesn't feel better in a couple of weeks though I will try that, thanks for the tip 🙂

0 Kudos
tuckeww

I too had a similiar injury,while in the military was told it was just weakness leaving
the body. Now I call that arthritis keep doing what you are doing, great job.

indingrl

1631100595317682683923580073654_1256581527228.jpg

 5 miles aerobic with sweet Leslie Sansone on utube for free! I am so grateful to be a non smoker TODAY  and moving!!!!!

YoungAtHeart

@RainbowHeart 

I SO hate it when I hurt myself and have to be sedentary.  I feel for you!  Just remind yourself that this, too, shall pass!

@indingrl 

FIVE miles?  Good for you!  That is MOVING!

@JACKIE1-25-15 

Aerobics is all the cardio you need for one day.  Enjoy your organizing!

I walked to the village for coffee this morning with a neighbor,  then swam laps and water walked for the last time this summer in my neighbor's pool.    Even got to swim a few crawl and backstroke laps.  I enjoyed the heck out of it!  We'll see how my shoulder reacts, but so far, so good.  Her pool gets covered for winter tomorrow...😓  

Giulia

@JACKIE1-25-15  6 hours gardening, then gym and aerobics... you are MOVING, woman!  Kudos.

@indingrl  Steady and true to you.  Brava!

@RainbowHeart  Ouch!  Well, there's always the arms...

@YoungAtHeart  Glad you got that last swim in.  Hope you don't pay for it.

I paid for it, AGAIN today.  Began the fall cutting-back-of-the-garden process then decided to whip a bit toward dusk and yup, felt a zingnip on my finger through my glove, then another - Yanked the whipper strap off my shoulder,  quickly turned if off and RAN LIKE A BAT OUT OF HELL up the hill to the house slapping myself all over like a maniac, bringing in 7 yellow jackets still attached to my clothing, grabbed two fly swatters and started beating myself all over.  I mean if anybody had seen me they would have thought I was a serious madwoman slapping herself silly with two fly swatters!  lol  My cat certainly thought I was out my mind.   Killed 5 of the buggers that were on me, but two are still loose somewhere in the house.  Amazing how such a tiny little thing can hurt THAT MUCH!  BUGGERS!  Got four or five stings.  One on the inner thigh.... ooooh.  But the knee is the most painful.  Anyway - all in a day's work.  Sigh.  Thank God I'm not allergic to them.  I figure If get bitten enough I'll probably develop an immunity, right?  These haven't made me swell as much as the ones last week.  Not that I'm eager to experiment with my theory!  

indingrl

Oh my sweet LadyG.....I am so grateful your NOT allergic to wasps! I am glad your  ok! Thank you for complement on 5 miles!

0 Kudos