cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18,342 Replies
indingrl

16309271655146590306107184414182_447478510256.png

Yahoooooo 5 miles with MY coach Leslie Sansone - done for TODAY!

RainbowHeart

Did my 4 miles there 4 miles back and about 2,000 steps in the grocery store/pharmacy this morning. It's going to be hot this afternoon so I'll be inside reading. I hope everyone has a wonderful smoke free moving day ❤️

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Yesterday I did an hour to and on the woodland trail and back to my house.  LOVED it!

I am starting my Manic Fall Housecleaning - so I will be moving!   I have a whole house fan on the 3rd floor, close the house up in the heat of the day, open it up and pull air through in the evenings when the sun goes down.  I have room AC units, but I hate to use them - had to for about three weeks this summer.  Pulling air through also pulls dirt, so my windows, curtains, walls, woodwork needs washing come Fall.  I also HATE closing the house up, and a sparkling clean one helps me to accept that.  Today I did the walls, ceiling, woodwork, mini-blinds, pictures, etc. in my small bathroom.  Left the floor for tomorrow...but at least I got a start on it.  Tomorrow I will wash and wax the floor, and maybe start on the dining room.  The kitchen is a PROJECT and not sure I am up for that quite yet!  

Shopping for a dishwasher, too.  EVERY time I have to make an appliance purchase, it vexes me so I ALMOST want to smoke over it!  Read the reviews, choose a couple, and then nobody has them in stock.  Start over, and over and...........I may just continue to wash my dishes by hand - cause I sure don't want to smoke over it!

😊

Giulia

I don't know but you people amaze me. @indingrl    Diane (is it okay to call you Diane alone or do you prefer the Diane Joy?  I've always wondered.  No other Diane's here as far as I know posting on a regular basis.)  You get up at the crack of dawn and do five miles with Leslie. 

Amazing.  @RainbowHeart   you walk FOUR MILES to the grocery store, buy goods and then tote them back another four miles?  A normal walk is 3 miles an hour.  So that's over two hours a day just walking to and from the grocery store.  Amazing.  Unless I'm missing something here.  

@YoungAtHeart   Some day I would love to come visit your home.  I'll bet I could eat off of the floor, walls, ceiling, cabinets and door knobs.  Don't come to mine.  That will never be true here!  lol  Happy manic cleaning to you!

For me - I just raked and raked and raked and then (sat-down) mowed the area I raked and then some.  Mowing here isn't just round and round a nice flat lawn.  Here it's up and down hills, over nasty (but beautiful) terrain with ruts and nuts and  mole hills and..... shifting the blades  up and down height-wise, and it smack your kidneys with every jarring bump.  Let's just say it does take a bit of energy and effort.  But nothing aerobic.  And I need to get back on my bike.  @indingrl is doing the aerobic stuff.  Kudos!

RainbowHeart

@Giulia I try to do at least an hour every day, but don't do the full 8 miles every day. Maybe twice a week. And I live with my mom and stepdad, and stepdad loves to shop, so he gets the heavy things, except my coconut creamer and prescriptions (which aren't all that heavy). I mostly get veggies and snacks 🙂

Raking is good cardio!

0 Kudos
Giulia

Well good.  It's nice to you're human and not superwoman!  lol.  And thanks for the "raking is good cardio too."  I guess I'm allowed to give myself some kudos after all.  lol  Seriously.

YoungAtHeart

@Giulia 

Don't I remember hours and hours of labor on porch windows?  They must be GLORIOUS!  I so love a clean window to look out of when the weather turns nasty!

And raking IS good cardio - and helps with those arm batwings, too!

@JACKIE1-25-15 

Good to see you!  Glad you are back home safe and sound and back at it!

@RainbowHeart 

Not sure snacks and creamer  would be worth that walk for me!  Good for you, though - exercise with a purpose!

@indingrl 

You just keep plugging away, don't you?  Dedicated!  Good for you!!!!  

I washed and waxed the powder room floor, got the dining room  curtains down, washed, outside, windows washed and curtains ironed   and back up (which involves moving a pretty big ladder) ....and think I am done for today!  

I am invited to a soiree at the pool neighbors' this evening, so need to take it a bit easy so I am not too worn out to enjoy it!

JACKIE1-25-15

Howdy everyone.  Glad to see you. It has been a great holiday weekend.  Very restful and good vibes. I have been trying to catch up from my trip.  I still have the grass to cut.  There was a storm and I am still raking and cleaning up before I cut the grass.  I just came in for lunch and decided this would be a good time to post.  I will be MOVING today.

RainbowHeart

I walked to the mini mart (2 miles round trip) because I forgot heavy cream for my pasta sauce tomorrow. Going to be a hot one today so I'm inside the rest of the day. I will do arm exercises and finish a library book. I hope everyone is having a good moving day  ❤️

JACKIE1-25-15

Okay I worked 6 hrs in the yard yesterday.  Today I have been to the gym.  I did the aerobics for 30 minutes.  I am home deciding which way to go.  I got sewing storage as a chest to organize my stuff.  I may start on that or repot some new indoor plants.  Anyway there is always something to keep me busy.