lois2

Healthy Eating, Healthy Weight

i have times i can not stop eating. HELP
0 Kudos
1,708 Replies
pattymint

Food For Thought          

Celery

Celery is a good munchy to have on hand as an  extra snack.

Celery takes more calories to burn up by your body than it has in it...

Celery is full of water, so nice and refreshing

Celery is a good with a bit of peanut butter or cream cheese..just a bit of that stuff though!

Celery is nice and crunchy and is great to add to a tuna salad sandwich. It gives the sandwich a nice crunch, plus adds to the salad to make more without added calories or fat. All the more we can eat! Yes!

Celery is cheap.

Celery won't make your butt bigger.

Celery doesn't give you ashtray  breath.

0 Kudos

Quit on 02/06/2010 and still having cravings for sweets.  I thought it would pass and maybe it will but for now I'm looking for health totable snacks.

0 Kudos
pattymint

Celery is totable! It fits in a baggy quite nicely.

I have been eating raw whole unsalted almonds...but I only put a servings worth in a baggy to take to work with me as they are high calorie if you get too carried away. They are super good for you, are filling and are a good hand to mouth fix.

Apples. Apple dipped in a smidge of peanut butter is pretty tasty.

Someone else said grapes are a good snack  for exsmokers..I am going to pick  some up  next time I go shopping.

Raisins are a healthy snack  too. But they are super high cal. Another thing to limit.

Crystal light added  to a bottle of water kinda takes care of the sweet fix too. They have little packetts that you can carry in your purse and add to a bottle of water.

I hear ya on the sweets! I have been eating skinny cow icecream bars and cones for a nightly treat.  The cones are my favorite. There is a little bit of chocolate in the tip of the cone that I just love.  They are good, not too bad on the fat, sweet enough to help get my fix and most importantly...they have the word SKINNY on the packaging! I am a sucker for that word...it could be skinny  lard and I'd eat it!

I am looking for more ideas myself, cuz I was eyeballing the big fat freshly made cookies at my favorite coffee shop on my way home today. I noticed them yesterday too. Cookies are bad...BAD. Maybe they can label them skinny cookies for me?

0 Kudos
Carenda

Marie, ypu can actually grow some veggies in pots/planters.  Last year I grew tomatoes and jalepeno peppers in my pots.  Fried Green Tomatoes - You can only use the green ones.  Slice, salt and pepper.  Flour and fry in vegetable oil,.  Sometimes I salt, pepper, dip in buttermillk, flour and then fry,  They are really good.  You are right Californians eat a little differently from Southerners.  I must say, California is a beautiful place.  I have been there numerous times visiting my uncle and cousins. I like you Marie, I can't seem to get my lazy butt up and exercise.  I must do better.

0 Kudos
dawn4

Carenda..... can we get some fried catfish to go with those fried green 'maters????!!!!!!

0 Kudos
dawn4

lois............I'm in a 2nd floor apartment in the city in south florida.....cars and concrete.

0 Kudos

Pattymint, great ideas.  I never thought of Crystal Light but will buy some when I go shopping.  I find that sugarless gum has been helping the with sweet craving.  I have been buying the fruit flavors. 

0 Kudos
Susan57

Hi,

Happy Friday!

Speaking of tomatoes, yesterday we planted 3 tomato plants with 3 more to go. Where we live we have a 10 X 20 plot to grow vegetables, this makes for a good hobby in the spring and summer. Last summer we came in on the end of the season and found we did have plenty of tomatoes to share, our friends and daughter watered while we were gone and they did a terrific job of taking care of business. If we were living in Florida full-time we could use the backyard to plant a garden, the grass does not grow so why not make use of the land?  I grew up in New Jersey, the tomatoes are the best, in fact many, or all, the vegetables that Campbell's uses are from NJ, the southern part of NJ is mostly farmland, the NE is city.

Have a good smoke free weekend everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Spring! God Bless,

Cheers, Susan

0 Kudos
Carenda

Dawn, hot fried cat fish sounds great!

0 Kudos
jeanie4

I use sugarless gum too!  I was using 0 calorie sodas, but I think that just make me bloated.  WalMart carries generic Crytal Light in some great flavor paks if you're on a budget.  Love the celery idea!

Thanks for all the tips.

0 Kudos