Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lois2

Healthy Eating, Healthy Weight

i have times i can not stop eating. HELP
0 Kudos
1,708 Replies
heidi16

I'm still doing the diet cokes, but I have really changed my eating habits.  I basically would starve myself.  I mean I barely ate 1,000 calories a day.  Smoking made that easy because it surpresses your appetite.  Once I quite smoking I gained 4 lbs.  I quit about 2 months ago.  I know it doesn't sound like much and you wouldn't notice it on me if you saw me, but to me that is huge.  I've completely had to change my eating habits...which is basically to start eating again...healthily.  I'm working with a trainer and he is coaching me to eat 6 small meals a day.  I have been keeping a food journal for about a month...it helps a lot.  I haven't lost any weight, but at least I haven't gained any more.  I've stablized.  My initial instinct is to starve myself to lose the weight, but I know that is really unhealthy, so I force myself to eat 6 small meals a day.  I actually do feel better now that I'm eating a little more.  I have more energy throughout the day.  I eat around 1,500 calories a day.  So, that's 250 calories a meal.  I really want to lose these 4 lbs so I'm thinking of cutting out one meal and eating 1,250 calories a day...not sure about that one, just can't stand this extra weight on me!

0 Kudos
pattymint

Four pounds isn't bad, but I hear ya! You don't want it to get out of  control!!

Remember that muscle weighs more than fat, but takes up less space.  I find that I can go for a while without exercising and I won't gain any weight as long as I stay pretty good on my food. As soon as I start back to exercising, especially lifting weights...I find I gain a little weight. wierd, but true.

Lean protein and exercise are the trick...

Protein  fills you up  and you feel that way longer. Being full helps keep the munchies away!!

Have a nice smoke free day everyone

0 Kudos
heidi16

Pattymint,  I agree with everything you said.  I try to have a protein and whole grain with every meal I eat because it helps you to feel satisfied longer.  I wondered if I was gaining muscle, but you know my pants feel just a tad tighter than normal, so I don't think I've gained muscle, just basically have gained 4 lbs.  I have been increasing my cardio workouts.  I've been running more hoping that by burning more calories that will do the trick.  Like you, if I eat about 1,500 a day without exercise I maintain.  That's why I want to eat less and go to the gym more...just need to figure out what works for me.  It's great to have the support and understanding of those going through the same things...

0 Kudos
sspahn49

I am on day 6 and real worried about gaining weight. I am already 30 lbs overweight and fighting to get that off. I have high blood pressure, so the meds do not help. I have been trying to drink a lot of water and eat small meals. Sugar is my demon, and I just been craving it. Hope it passes. Also, check out a website I am using, www.fitday.com. It is free, has lots of great ideas, food and exercise tracker. Keep up the great blogs everyone, makes you realize you are not alone in your struggles. Good luck to all.

0 Kudos
marie23

Lime shebert sounds yummy. Makes me think of spring. We are having nice warm spring weather here. Getting the back yard set up for warm weather. I am cleaning and opening my spa today hopefully I will finish it. Marie

0 Kudos
lois2

i got out side to day clean out one of my flower beds, they are a mess, it  was so pretty, here in Arkansas, the School is on springs break next week,  i will have my foot sugery than, 

0 Kudos
pattymint

A friend of mine was  just talking about fitday. I will ask her more about it.  Tracking food is really a good thing. Even if you don't count calories or watch fat intake. Wright everything down...all the way down to the mayo and butter. It gives you a good idea on what you are putting into your body.

I hear ya on the sugar...it is tough. Maybe try to save it for a treat at the end of the day after dinner?

Hummus and cracker and raw almonds...I swear that stuff has been saving me lately. Filling and good long  lasting calories.

My boyfriend is leaving again in a couple of days. He brought me a bottle of merlo and I really wanted some. I had an icecream sandwich planned for a treat after dinner, but switched it for wine. The wine helped with my sugar fix and doesn't have the fat that my icecream bar has. So, I feel I had a fair trade!

We had Sockeye salmon, celery salad and homemade risotto for dinner. I threw the fish on the grill. The risotto isn't low calorie , but I was good and had lots of salad. It was all tasty and there are leftovers for lunch tomorrow.The celery salad is yummmmy. I think the recipe is on www.recipe.com. Celery, peas, dried fruit, lemon juice, nonfat yogurt, light mayo, white pepper,parsley and toasted pecans. It calls for dried cherries. I was out so used dried cranberries. I have used mixed dry fruit too. This is one of those things that you can pig out on and not get fat! Try it..

I found myself having a bit of a cig crave when I hopped in my rig after work. I started down the highway and had a panic attack when I couldn't find my water bottle. I needed my ba ba! Just like a baby! I turned around and went back and got it off my desk! I need to start having full water bottles everywhere! Cool clear water..not icky stinky smoke!

Cheers to all!

Patty

0 Kudos
pattymint

I really need to proof read before I hit save...

Write..write everything down..

where is the spellcheck on here??

cheers again!

P

0 Kudos
marie23

Hi everyone, Did not sleep much last night after the 4 am earthquake. 4.4 not to far from us. Not reports of injuries or serious damage. Just  frayed nerves. I will try to finish up by spa today. I cleaned up the kids outside toys and playhouse. Getting ready for more outside play with this warm up. Nice tp open up the house and let fresh air in. Son and grandson has a nasty cold. My poor boys. Happy smoke free tuesday to all. 

0 Kudos
williewookie

Ok, probably a dumb question, but on my home page I noticed that I no-longer am in this group. I had joined this one as well as the march quitters group. Do you have to choose? I really want to be in this one as I am suddenly dying for chocolate long johns, real butter on toast, soda and my butt feels like it is expanding at an exponential rate! Help! I will quit the other group if I have to, but I don't want to gain a bunch of weight. I hate it when people tell me " better to gain a few pounds then smoke honey". BS. I already have weight to lose and don't need the extra. Apparently the sixty odd pieces of gum aren't cutting it for the oral fixation part.

0 Kudos